6 + 2 Point Deductions

They don't have to prove anything as they didn't prove that we overspent by 19.5M they just came to that figure.

Mate, the club acknowledged wrongdoing (breaking a rule). The club ignored multiple warnings from the league, and just continued. I'm not a fan of the PL, but we have to accept our part in this, no matter how uncomfortable it may be. Not long ago, a lot of people on here were cheering on us breaking the P&S/FFP rules - the same are now complaining why we're being punished.

Sorry but Cities charges are based around administrative matters and not FFP. Although for obvious reasons there are links across to P&S. Personally, and I have no pleasure in saying this, I very much doubt that the IC will be able to close to the level of proof needed on multiple numbers of the points at issue and as I have stated before their real problems exist around Mancini’s contract (s) , image rights payment’s and of course failing to assist the Pl with their investigation

We can talk all day and I fully agree that the grossly excessive punishment handed out is just not justified but one charge under one section of the rulebook does not as a matter of course have the same level of severity punishment wise to charges under other sections
Those city charges can be worse if proven guilty which I acknowledge its not easy task. Their over inflated revenue with disproportionate commercial deals for around 10 seasons impacting surely profit and sustainabiloty rule, not including salaries of their manager for multiple seasons, not being forthcoming with the information when requested, potential ffp rules breach and more and more...we have been guilty of having more loses than permitted of just under 20 millions more than we are allowed to for one season...

1701807149057.png

I can't understand why the PL aren't going their own way with their own TV service.

From my scribbled sums there, they'd only need 5 million paying subscribers at £30/month to top what Sky / TNT / the BBC are giving them.

That would also represent a substantial discount for consumers, too. I make it the undercounted rate for both Sky Sports via Now TV and TNT is £65 / month.

They could also keep highlights on the BBC and receive ~£60 million per season on top of that.

And all of that is without then extending access to the service to whatever countries they wished as global distribution rights deals end.
Less of a headache to simply outsource like many company do...too much risk and exposure which is now on sky which has to ensure they get those subscribers to meet the cost of football...they are losing customers year after year with many moving to dirt cheap iptv providers...its a minefield really

Mate, the club acknowledged wrongdoing (breaking a rule). The club ignored multiple warnings from the league, and just continued. I'm not a fan he he of the PL/FA, but we have to accept our part in this, no matter how uncomfortable it may be.

They didnt ignore anything. They sold two players for 100m to redress their P&S. And the club still has to function on the playing field. What were they supposed to do, Just chuck in the towel?
The whole club shouldnt be apologising for anything, other than being crap at recruitment selection. Hardly any clubs in their precious league operate in the black.
I'd rather crawl over broken glass than say thank you so much Sir for your points deduction
Gtfck.

Those city charges can be worse if proven guilty which I acknowledge its not easy task. Their over inflated revenue with disproportionate commercial deals for around 10 seasons impacting surely profit and sustainabiloty rule, not including salaries of their manager for multiple seasons, not being forthcoming with the information when requested, potential ffp rules breach and more and more...we have been guilty of having more loses than permitted of just under 20 millions more than we are allowed to for one season...

I think thats the reason City are so flippant. How that is no a direct link to FFP i'll never know. Its cooking the books basically.
Though tbh the way the premier league have behaved towards Everton im half hoping City continue to tell them to get lost.

You would think that if the charges re over inflated revenues they would then be looking at FFP but UEFA have already tried that one and for a variety of reasons such as time barred matters and the incompetence of the UEFa investigation there simply wasn’t enough evidence for CAS to confirm UEFAS decision.

From a FFP perspective the PL can’t really charge City that is outwith their justification hence why there are charges around the submission of info to the PL in regard to they City applying through the PL for a UEFA licence.

When it comes to matters such as two contracts and payment of Image rights again these aren’t P&S matters and without access to Cities P&S submissions it is impossible to know even if you disallowed income by the alleged sums if they spent over the permitted sums but even if they have that would have to be proven first before considering a breech of P&S limits and my understanding albeit very limited is that there is a major risk of double jeopardy.

The Mancini two contracts will come down to a subjective view but even then there will be an issue if City haven’t complied with requests by the PL particularly around providing full email exchanges something that UEFaA almost it seems just have upon.
City , if any can remember, sold off Image Rights to a stand alone company which it is claimed reduced wage bills again I think City are vulnerable in this area and whilst City fans claim that UEFa were comfortable with how image rights were paid they aren’t the PL and the rules re payments to players state quite clearly that all payments of this nature have to go through the clubs payroll
The other charges around not assisting the PL in its enquires will be pretty easy to prove