2023/24 Dele

Everything aside I think he'd be worth a renewal to be honest. Like I said he's another option in that Doucoure role, which is simply not someone we have in the squad. Don't get me wrong I think he'll probably reduce his wage and maybe only sign another 12 months but I think if he's able to come back and be part of the squad the club will look at it and say we don't have the £20m+ to bring in another player in that position next year. Just my thinking on that part.

IMG_4368.jpeg

Everything aside I think he'd be worth a renewal to be honest. Like I said he's another option in that Doucoure role, which is simply not someone we have in the squad. Don't get me wrong I think he'll probably reduce his wage and maybe only sign another 12 months but I think if he's able to come back and be part of the squad the club will look at it and say we don't have the £20m+ to bring in another player in that position next year. Just my thinking on that part.

How’s he an option though? He’s currently not available and it keeps being talked about as an injury but I really don’t believe that’s why he’s not even training yet.

How’s he an option though? He’s currently not available and it keeps being talked about as an injury but I really don’t believe that’s why he’s not even training yet.
Well I'm saying he's an option if he can come back. I say that in the comment. Obviously if he doesn't play for us again then I don't think he'd be getting a new contract. As for why he's not training I genuinely believe Dyche that he'll be reintroduced but not until he's 100%, just like DCL was.

There's no way we can say whether or not we should renew his contract, until we've seen him play some matches.

….only Everton will have taken him on, only Everton will have paid a small fortune to him. Spurs desparate to move him on, hardly played football for two years, binned by a Turkish club, appetite for football highly questionable and a poster wants to give him a new deal. My word, he’s an example of the state the club is in.

Last edited:
….only Everton will have taken him on, only Everton will have paid a small fortune to him. Spurs desparate to move him on, hardly played football for two years, binned by a Turkish club, appetite for football highly questionable and a poster wants to give him a new deal. My word.
Well, there's quite well-known reasons why this may have come to fruition, so I think we have to show some form of compassion and understanding.

….only Everton will have taken him on, only Everton will have paid a small fortune to him. Spurs desparate to move him on, hardly played football for two years, binned by a Turkish club, appetite for football highly questionable and a poster wants to give him a new deal. My word.
Totally agree eggs.

Whether it's wishful thinking or delusional it is beyond me how some posters think Dele will become the player that he was 5 years ago .

Terrible signing, terrible deal , just move on.

I'm not saying to give him a new contract. I'm just saying that it makes no sense to extend his contract when we haven't even seen him play yet.

….but it doesn’t make sense to extend his contract in any circumstances. We need to rid ourselves of being a basket case, we need to terminate any links to this man asap.

Been said many times before but if Moshiri hadn't loaned El Ghazi as a favour to his mate we would have got Dele on a loan and cut our losses. Would love a redemption story for him with Everton but can't see it happening. Tell them to get bent on Branthwaite.

He might put in a few performances in at some point this season to earn a contract somewhere else, but not here I don’t think. Would like to be wrong, but we won’t be offering any contracts for a while if there is any doubt at all over performance and availability.

Although, if both Gomes and Dele were labelled 100% Dyche-fit in the new year, I know which one I’d want to see coming on at 75 minutes.

In fairness as much as we'd like to say Spurs are being the bad guys here they're being fair in even negotiating with us in the first place, they don't have to do that at all. I think the likely scenario will be us paying something like £5m for him and agreeing to extend his contract. I think we're at a point now where no matter what we can probably only possibly trigger one payment anyways so it shouldn't be major from us regardless.

I know people are probably sick of seeing my comment on him but I do want nothing more from this season than to see us push on a bit and hopefully help Dele get back on track. As a man he deserves it and I want absolutely nothing but the best for him given what he's been through. Also it's not like the club get nothing out of this, if he can be even half as good as he was he'd be fantastic as an option in Doucoure's current role, which is basically what he was doing for Spurs.

The good thing is we're at the table for him and hopefully a deal that suits everyone will be done.

100% this. They already did us a solid by letting us have him for free for 20 games. The only reason we're even negotiating an amendment to the deal is because of how bad our finances are.

People are acting as if Spurs should put the financial aspect to one side for the player's benefit, but Everton shouldn't? That is not how it works. It's no longer Spurs' responsibility to do that, only Everton's.

If we can get the numbers on the deal down, then fair play, but Spurs really don't even have to entertain that.