2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit wierd by Spurs this. The only outcome here is he leaves in 6 months and Spurs dont get a penny.

As expected spurs don't give a damn about the mental wellbeing of one of their top players in recent years...despite him giving so much to spurs over the years. They are only interested in the money they can get and they are only prepare to reduce the fee if its for less games played. Let's play him the 6 games or so to ensure somebody comes in for him un January, and preferably to a spurs competitor for European football.

Bit wierd by Spurs this. The only outcome here is he leaves in 6 months and Spurs dont get a penny.

In fairness as much as we'd like to say Spurs are being the bad guys here they're being fair in even negotiating with us in the first place, they don't have to do that at all. I think the likely scenario will be us paying something like £5m for him and agreeing to extend his contract. I think we're at a point now where no matter what we can probably only possibly trigger one payment anyways so it shouldn't be major from us regardless.

I know people are probably sick of seeing my comment on him but I do want nothing more from this season than to see us push on a bit and hopefully help Dele get back on track. As a man he deserves it and I want absolutely nothing but the best for him given what he's been through. Also it's not like the club get nothing out of this, if he can be even half as good as he was he'd be fantastic as an option in Doucoure's current role, which is basically what he was doing for Spurs.

The good thing is we're at the table for him and hopefully a deal that suits everyone will be done.

In fairness as much as we'd like to say Spurs are being the bad guys here they're being fair in even negotiating with us in the first place, they don't have to do that at all. I think the likely scenario will be us paying something like £5m for him and agreeing to extend his contract. I think we're at a point now where no matter what we can probably only possibly trigger one payment anyways so it shouldn't be major from us regardless.

I know people are probably sick of seeing my comment on him but I do want nothing more from this season than to see us push on a bit and hopefully help Dele get back on track. As a man he deserves it and I want absolutely nothing but the best for him given what he's been through. Also it's not like the club get nothing out of this, if he can be even half as good as he was he'd be fantastic as an option in Doucoure's current role, which is basically what he was doing for Spurs.

The good thing is we're at the table for him and hopefully a deal that suits everyone will be done.

I really don’t think we’ll extend his contract. He’ll just go at the end of the season and we’ll wish him well.

I really don’t think we’ll extend his contract. He’ll just go at the end of the season and we’ll wish him well.
Everything aside I think he'd be worth a renewal to be honest. Like I said he's another option in that Doucoure role, which is simply not someone we have in the squad. Don't get me wrong I think he'll probably reduce his wage and maybe only sign another 12 months but I think if he's able to come back and be part of the squad the club will look at it and say we don't have the £20m+ to bring in another player in that position next year. Just my thinking on that part.

Depends on the wording of the clause mate
Yeah didn't something like this come up when we bought Barry from City, even though his contract expired I still think we paid them something small when we signed him permanently. I'd imagine in this case it will either be voided once he leaves or else Spurs will relent and only take one payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.