Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a massive loss if he is out would really mess with the structure of the team. Hopefully he is fit at lb
I think it's going to be a matter of hoping we outscore them, tbh.

If that's our defence today we can count on conceding at least 2 goals.

Dyche is perhaps going into a defensive shell hoping to get a breakaway. Should go all out at Burnley attack them.
I think we should stay as we have been: hand Burnley the ball and counter attack when we can. Get the ball in their box more times than they get it in ours and we should score at least one goal against a ropey defence.

If we had our full team to choose from we'd win this. But with a defence like the one shaping up to be announced I'd take a draw right now.

Still traumatised from that 3-2 reversal a couple of years back.
Boy, did the media like that. Almost as one, they reckoned that was confirmation we were losing our place in the PL.
To be fair, many of us on here thought the jig was up, too. I wanted us to seriously consider replacing Frank Lampard that night. I thought a new man was worth a punt as we had little left to lose (given our top-flight status was slipping away inevitably under the PR man). I wasn't wrong on that score, as it turned out, but my timing might have been as we beat United under Fan-Friendly Frank the following Saturday and were dragged to safety by Richarlison, Pickford, and DCL. Lampard would indeed have taken us down given enough time, but it was Dyche who got the bullet that season and one can only wonder if that saved us as much as anything else. I don't think that trigger pull from Burnley particularly helped their cause in the end.

dont think we will change what we have been doing (why should we)
even without branthwaite think we will have a bit too much for them.
Especially if they go back to their pit a pat at the back stuff

Given the likely state of our defence, this is a night for DCL to finally show up again. Sorry, this is Burnley. There are no excuses for not converting some of what should be multiple chances tonight. A little bit of ruthlessness tonight from our forwards and we draw this 2-2 or outscore them for a critical win. We will concede if Mykolenko and Branthwaite are out. So, over to you forwards - and DCL really needs to start knocking them in again.

Can I ask that we maybe temper expectations just a wee bit?

A loss today on the back of a changed side (an enforced one at that) wouldn't be the end of the world, even if it is Burnley..

Can I ask that we maybe temper expectations just a wee bit?

A loss today on the back of a changed side (an enforced one at that) wouldn't be the end of the world, even if it is Burnley..
It would to some, plus it obviously means they close the gap if that happens, at present - no one knows when the appeal outcome is, or even where we may be when it happens. so we need to go on now, with 2 awkward games coming up and get as far away as pos, so any points given back just move us even more away from the bottom 3 . I dont get why suddenly maybe the odd player been out is such a bad worry to some, as its going to happen futher down the line as well. we wont have the same team week after week

Status
Not open for further replies.