2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

If they are in Europe, they do apply to them.

When is the new regime starting?

The new rules come into force this June but they will be implemented gradually over three years to give clubs time to adapt to the new regulations. The 70 per cent Squad Cost Rule cap will be phased in over three years. In 2023/24 the cap will be 90 per cent, in 2024/25 it will be 80 per cent and from 2025/26 it will be 70 per cent.

I mean its UEFA, so they can always pay a fine, but only clubs like City or PSG can willy nilly pay fines.

Real Madrid Football Club will be fine mate.

Call me naive, but I really dont think clubs are minted these days.

Loads and I mean loads of clubs are really struggling with FFP.

Who knows what sort of effect the new FFP rules will have also.

But we shall see what The Summer brings.
Profit and sustainability and FFP will continue to dampen the transfer market.

The stars would need to be aligned for me to get north of 80m, you’d have to have at least two bidders that effectively have the ability under FFP to sign him in the same window, then he needs to continue to hold his end of the bargain with no dips in form and multiple England call ups for that same window.

And if we’re getting up to those numbers, you’re probably looking at only three clubs in the world who could/would do that.

I always look for the a comparison in the current market.
Screenshot_20240111_160651_Chrome.jpg

This is Moises Caicedo.
Signed for 4.5 mil loaned out in Belgium for a season.
O
Then one full season with Brighton ( not even Champions lge or Europe ) & he's sold for £115 mil.
The trajectory looks exactly the same.

I believe we have had Top Dollar for most of our wanted talent recently, so I'm pretty confident the club would quote this sort of price to any suiters.

Of course you have to have clubs willing to pay this sort of money , I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem.

I always look for the a comparison in the current market.
View attachment 241608
This is Moises Caicedo.
Signed for 4.5 mil loaned out in Belgium for a season.
O
Then one full season with Brighton ( not even Champions lge or Europe ) & he's sold for £115 mil.
The trajectory looks exactly the same.

I believe we have had Top Dollar for most of our wanted talent recently, so I'm pretty confident the club would quote this sort of price to any suiters.

Of course you have to have clubs willing to pay this sort of money , I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem.
Caicedo is a midfielder mate.

Rightly or wrongly defenders are generally worth less.

When he goes he'll go for whatever clubs are willing to pay, his attributes mean top level clubs will be looking at him as a potential CH for the next 10 years.
If we bend over and let a big side pull our pants down south of £50m it will be a failure on the clubs behalf.
Maguire £80m
Gvardiol £75m
Fofana £70m
Cucurella £60m
Laporte £60m
Cancelo £60m
White £50m
Mendy £50m
Martinez £50m

All to english clubs in past 5 seasons and none of them world beaters.
Like already said 50mil is too low but I also don’t think we’re getting 100mil either as much as we all would like too.

I think all parties the buyer and Everton would be Happy with 70-75mil and I think that’s what he will go for.

Call me naive, but I really dont think clubs are minted these days.

Loads and I mean loads of clubs are really struggling with FFP.

Who knows what sort of effect the new FFP rules will have also.

But we shall see what The Summer brings.
I do thing things are gonna get much tighter, spend wise, from so many clubs, so many sailing close to the edge.

We may have reached tipping point, which in some ways is so Everton That as we will be hit hard on commanding proper fees but in the longer term should even out the playing field.

"you're naive"

oh this wasnt an instruction!!

Caicedo is a midfielder mate.

Rightly or wrongly defenders are generally worth less.
I used to think the same until Manu smashed that by signing a Centre half for the price of a top class midfielder or even forward.

Any one comes calling for this lad I'd be quoting these sort of prices.

Massive ceiling on this lad demands a massive price tag.
And I think we would get it.

I used to think the same until Manu smashed that by signing a Centre half for the price of a top class midfielder or even forward.

Any one comes calling for this lad I'd be quoting these sort of prices.

Massive ceiling on this lad demands a massive price tag.
And I think we would get it.
I think 3 or 4 prem teams would be seriously interested in him and maybe 1 or 2 abroad and that will jump up the price straight away

I think 3 or 4 prem teams would be seriously interested in him and maybe 1 or 2 abroad and that will jump up the price straight away

There are only 3 clubs in the world that can afford him at that level, and probably only two who would actually pay that (United and Real).

Chelsea's spending spree is done. Arsenal can't even buy a competent striker because of money. He isn't going to Liverpool.

To put things in perspective.
John Stones was sold to Man City for £50mil , 8 years ago ....8yrs !!!!!

Now there were some on this very forum were happy to see him go to Chelsea for for £20 mil. Same ones happy to see Lukaku leave for £50 mil.

As I said the club can't be faulted getting Top Dollar for our up & coming talents.

BTW
I rated Stones very highly , but at this stage he wasn't a patch on this kid.

There are only 3 clubs in the world that can afford him at that level, and probably only two who would actually pay that (United and Real).

Chelsea's spending spree is done. Arsenal can't even buy a competent striker because of money. He isn't going to Liverpool.
Well Man City, I’d imagine would be interested another year down the line, also Chelsea could literally bring in 250mil selling home grown and fringe players overnight And Arsenal could sell smith Rowe for 30mil and put 20mil on Branthwaite as a first payment of a 5 yr contract. When a potentially world class talent is on the market the top clubs find a way

To put things in perspective.
John Stones was sold to Man City for £50mil , 8 years ago ....8yrs !!!!!

Now there were some on this very forum were happy to see him go to Chelsea for for £20 mil. Same ones happy to see Lukaku leave for £50 mil.

As I said the club can't be faulted getting Top Dollar for our up & coming talents.

BTW
I rated Stones very highly , but at this stage he wasn't a patch on this kid.
I disagree.

Stones was just as good, he also had International caps and had 3 full Premier League seasons under his belt.

John Stones was a Rolls-Royce when we sold him.

No im not saying hes not worth over 50m, for the record, but you are underselling JFS for me.

Well Man City, I’d imagine would be interested another year down the line, also Chelsea could literally bring in 250mil selling home grown and fringe players overnight And Arsenal could sell smith Rowe for 30mil and put 20mil on Branthwaite as a first payment of a 5 yr contract. When a potentially world class talent is on the market the top clubs find a way

We're talking about Profit and Sustainability, not cash available. They can't afford him or risk breaching thresholds. Chelsea will need to sell just to cover business they have already conducted.

We live in a different world after EFC were deducted 10 points. Yes there will be the odd large fee for certain players, but fees won't be rising exponentially like they have in the past, and certainly not for a CB.