6 + 2 Point Deductions

True that. Newcastle, Man United and Chelsea fans I work with who aren’t twitter virgins thought it was shocking and that it was wrong.

Even my mates who are Kopites think it’s a disgrace.

The fact the Newcastle and Villa who are challenging near the top have to sell should be enough to set the alarms ringing for those who did, because it might be their club next if they don’t support the cartel at the top.
I find this more of a disgrace than the points deduction 😀

Urgh. So club has told Dyche nothing about whether we are clear, so can’t affect it, just waiting to see.

I know he has to protect himself from looking stupid, particularly if it turns out he has been misled. But I hope pretty soon we are a club where any club representative can confidently just say “we are precisely £5,230,999 below the limit, so 🖕

I am re-worried by his inability to say we are fine, even though it’s irrational as he’s never going to do that.
Do the club even know?

Anyone heard from The Esk, sure he knows🤔
He is adamant we are fine. He's sometimes wrong but not usually on the optimistic side. One thing I will say is if he's proved wrong, and that he's been totally guessing, he really needs to rethink what he's doing and stop messing with the emotions of fans who respect his every word. But fingers crossed of course that's he's right.

Do the club even know?
100%. They are our numbers. 3 years of the 4 are already “agreed” following the last referral. And the 22/23 period closed 6 months ago. Always a bit of fannying around after the closing date, but even our intrepid accounts department will have known both the statutory and PSR profit or loss for months.

I reported numbers to a US parent for a company many times the size of a football club on 9th Jan (31/12 year end). The loss is what it is. We tell the PL, they don’t tell us.

Last edited: