January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not good enough , he loses possession almost every time he has the ball.

We have enough players like that , you can’t have 4-5 players in your first 11 that can’t keep the ball and hope to be a decent outfit.

Wide players lose the ball more than anyone in football though.

I tend to fall into these discussions around transfer time when it seems "younger with potential" = better than what we have.

When realistically it's generally more down to "can you find better for cheaper?" which is where age doesn't matter.

He should create more but his off the ball work is very good. As for signing him permo...I'd have him as we're light but all depends on the price and how to pay.

The problem with stats is, that they can be twisted to suit any argument.

Many would look at those stats and state "Our wingers aren't good enough" but watching the game, the box is often empty or when they do find a player, they miss their chance or even worse, bottle shooting at all.

I've never seen a club (I say club, because it's not just this current team, I've watched it for years and years) struggle to get players into the box and have so many players who can't hit the target.

How often does a player get the ball on the edge of the box and hit it high and wide? I dread half the team having a shot lol

Our players are so bad in possession that the move usually breaks down 40 years from goal.

Our final pass is shocking , our shooting is, as you have mentioned , terrible , our decision making is Sunday league level

Wide players lose the ball more than anyone in football though.

I tend to fall into these discussions around transfer time when it seems "younger with potential" = better than what we have.

When realistically it's generally more down to "can you find better for cheaper?" which is where age doesn't matter.

He should create more but his off the ball work is very good. As for signing him permo...I'd have him as we're light but all depends on the price and how to pay.

I have no trouble with him losing the ball if he’s crossing it etc

What happens is , his first touch is bad and he gets the ball taken off him He passes straight to the opposition or he runs into alleys .

His basic skills are not good enough, he’s not the only one but I don’t see why spending 20m on someone that has poor basic skills is a good idea .

City with their 115 charges, signing 17 year old Argentina underage captain for a few million short of what our breach was, really is a joke.
Indeed...you just can't compete really. Yet we are the ones being punished with point deductions. They will never be a new team capable of challenging the top 6 on a regular basis, not even Newcastle with all the money they have.

I have no trouble with him losing the ball if he’s crossing it etc

What happens is , his first touch is bad and he gets the ball taken off him He passes straight to the opposition or he runs into alleys .

His basic skills are not good enough, he’s not the only one but I don’t see why spending 20m on someone that has poor basic skills is a good idea .

Where did the £20mill come from?

He got 5 goals and 7 assists for Leeds last season. Basic skills are more than adequate.

Indeed...you just can't compete really. Yet we are the ones being punished with point deductions. They will never be a new team capable of challenging the top 6 on a regular basis, not even Newcastle with all the money they have.

Newcastle are definitely gonna close the gap and ultimately join City at the top. They’ll artificially inflate their sponsorship as fast as they’re allowed to, it’s inevitable.

Newcastle are definitely gonna close the gap and ultimately join City at the top. They’ll artificially inflate their sponsorship as fast as they’re allowed to, it’s inevitable.
Others will not allow it...they'll find a way to stop them. Only way they could potentially do it with present rules would be to get the top players cheap, sell a couple for big money in a season, and get another few top players on the cheap. Not dissimilar to what brighton is trying to do with of course much less resources

Status
Not open for further replies.