• 30's

• 40's

• 50's

• 60's

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
30 years ago we were a club that was expected to win trophies, one of the elite .
That reputation , that historical position created over more than a century,!has been squandered and been diminished.
We have become a nothing club , remarkable only for our distant history and our amazingly loyal and relatively (for our habitual position) large numbers of supporters.
A decaying facade of former greatness behind which lays a second rate club.
The club I supported in the 60s has ceased to exist.
The Everton of 40 years ago has little relation to the club that uses the name today .
One was a giant the other is a pygmy.
Absolutely correct.

We have become totally irrelevant except to Evertonians.

The phrase Nil Satis Nisi Optimum should've been dropped from our logo, when Kenwright took over as chairman.

With the exception of 1995, the last almost 40 years have been an insult to that motto.
Kenwright wasn’t the sole cause of our decline.
The history of poor decisions and wrong turns began while we were still owned by Moores.
But Kenwright’s inability to arrest our decline coupled with his longevity as owner makes him the standout failure of the last four decades.
Under his hand the clubs position was allowed to diminish , catastrophically as we can now see.
By the time he sold it to Moshiri we had too much ground to recover, we became too fixated on the new stadium and failed to renew the structure and culture of the club , which had been allowed to rot away under Kenwright.
We went from a club that demanded and expected to compete at the top to one that was geared for survival only .
We celebrated finishing in the top 5 as a major success rather than a qualified failure on which to build .

I am 66 and I am fortunate enough to have seen us win titles and cups, those days are long gone and I won't see us win anything again, do something else with your weekends, something less stressful like fishing or a nice stroll in the country side,you will be much happier.

Im 42 and genuinely don't think we win another trophy in my lifetime without a major shakeup in English football that somehow benefits us.

Im fine with it tbh, been of this mindset for years. You want to win trophies you have to support one of the sky sports clubs. That's the way the league want it and id rather have no trophies than be a bandwagon-chasing tosspot like most fans of the sky clubs.

Last edited:

Like 99% of clubs in the country we will most likely never win another trophy, that is not our well defined role in an uncompetitive sport where teams are lauded for top 10 finishes, then have all their players sold.

Kenwright wasn’t the sole cause of our decline.
The history of poor decisions and wrong turns began while we were still owned by Moores.
But Kenwright’s inability to arrest our decline coupled with his longevity as owner makes him the standout failure of the last four decades.
Under his hand the clubs position was allowed to diminish , catastrophically as we can now see.
By the time he sold it to Moshiri we had too much ground to recover, we became too fixated on the new stadium and failed to renew the structure and culture of the club , which had been allowed to rot away under Kenwright.
We went from a club that demanded and expected to compete at the top to one that was geared for survival only .
We celebrated finishing in the top 5 as a major success rather than a qualified failure on which to build .
Everton is one giant clusterf***
There is no single point of failure. We are where we are because of successive poor decisions on and off the pitch.
In the early 90’s successive boards were content with doing just enough. Kenwright seemed intent on trying to run it like they did in the 70’s and 80’s which was out of synch in the modern day.

Im 42 and genuinely don't think we win another trophy in my lifetime without a major shakeup in English football that somehow benefits us.

Im fine with it tbh, been of this mindset for years. You want to win trophies you have to support one of the sky sports clubs. That's the way the league want it and id rather have no trophies than be a bandwagon-chasing tosspot like most fans of the sky clubs.

I'm a year older but agree with this, it's not just us, villa, Newcastle, Leeds & spurs havent won a trophy for years, the best chance would be how west ham won one last season as its incredibly hard now to win one of the domestic trophies. The last 10 years, aside from Leicester, are seeing the sly 6 win them all...I mean great to see some variety in the league cup this season...oh wait

Status
Not open for further replies.