2023/24 Sean Dyche

Where was the fight? We had the ball enough to at least attempt SOMETHING but nah it was just more of the same lifeless, limp crap we got for 99% of the game.
It was poor but if there was a lack of fight, I’d be expecting us to be losing by 3 or 4 most games. We’ve drawn 4 out of 5 and scored late goals in the last two home games to salvage something at least. Have to start taking advantage of the home games and start the games quicker though, seems like most of our home games drift for about an hour before anything of note happens.

He definitely made progress with this squad and should be extended credit for his initial accomplishments as factoring in the points unjustly pilfered from us we'd be midtable. Even in games like the first tottenham game where we lost I thought we displayed combativeness , now we seemed to be regressing to the stereotype of ultra pragmatic dyche ball with no diversity to our attacks, just spit the ball to the wings and boot it incessently every game almost feels frank like in attack while the defense has stayed relatively well composed we had no presence in the midfield. I'm not saying we should sack dyche but those who say no other decent feasible alternatives exist , just look at the manager crystal palace have hired to replace Hodgson, who knows how he'll fare but on paper looks promising

30 points from 25 games
Third best defence from open play stat shown by Sky, only Arsenal and RS conceding fewer
Fourth best overall I think they said too

Dyche main job is to keep us up. If Calvert Lewin would put away some of these chances he kept missing we’d probably have taken closer to 40 points already.

The football was horrible last night because you can’t counter attack a team that sits deep and time wastes from minute one but if we create that many good chances to their 0 good chances I don’t see how the tactics weren’t actually correct for us to win the game. Calvert Lewin missed two big chances, Doucoure at the back post, Tarkowski header at the end, garner effort in the box from a Dom nod down, the goal itself, countless other crosses and set pieces put in.

It wasn’t pretty but in a season we need points that was probably the correct tactic last night.

…..doing a magnificent job, I’d genuinely be concerned about losing him and would be seriously looking to extend his current deal.

Sure, we’d have different selection views and I would challenge the decision to start Young and not utilise Dobbin (in the Doucoure position) from the bench but if you lack quality then you have to organise your team accordingly and we’re one of the best defensive units in the division.

The void of attacking quality is not his fault, it’s his problem. Dyche can only work with what he’s given and yet Thelwell escapes criticism for wasting a fortune on inadequate central strikers.

With all that’s been going on Dyche continues to give us a chance, I don’t think there’s many in the game who would do that with our troubles and this squad. Terrific work.

…..doing a magnificent job, I’d genuinely be concerned about losing him and would be seriously looking to extend his current deal.

Sure, we’d have different selection views and I would challenge the decision to start Young and not utilise Dobbin (in the Doucoure position) from the bench but if you lack quality then you have to organise your team accordingly and we’re one of the best defensive units in the division.

The void of attacking quality is not his fault, it’s his problem. Dyche can only work with what he’s given and yet Thelwell escapes criticism for wasting a fortune on inadequate central strikers.

With all that’s been going on Dyche continues to give us a chance, I don’t think there’s many in the game who would do that with our troubles and this squad. Terrific work.
And here is the counter argument to that.

Dyche's management is based on ethics, work hard, discipline, eat well, train well,

If Dyche was given 150mil to spend for his own players we would play exactly the same as we are now and exactly the same as he has been doing for the last 10 years, hoofball! Its absolutely shambolic to watch lumping it from Pickford to DCL 30 times a game, you don't need your Pro-license to come up with these tactics, just go to any amateur league and see the same tactics.

We look like the only football team that doesn't work on patterns of play or style of play, its basically defend for ye life and lets see if we can nick a goal.
That will not give you consistency, it will not give players a chance to get some form. Constantly chasing shadows, the very few players with any flair (wingers) are running around like headless chickens chasing shadows and are essentially a second full back. Why are so many players out of form? Because of his tactics and style, Why are our defenders high up in the stats tables? because all we do is defend, its horrific

He isn't brave enough to take on the likes on the mighty Palace Luton Wolves Fulham at home.

He simply has to go in the summer!
If he is here beyond next season then dont expect anything other than what you are seeing right now, that's what he is.

And here is the counter argument to that.

Dyche's management is based on ethics, work hard, discipline, eat well, train well,

If Dyche was given 150mil to spend for his own players we would play exactly the same as we are now and exactly the same as he has been doing for the last 10 years, hoofball! Its absolutely shambolic to watch lumping it from Pickford to DCL 30 times a game, you don't need your Pro-license to come up with these tactics, just go to any amateur league and see the same tactics.

We look like the only football team that doesn't work on patterns of play or style of play, its basically defend for ye life and lets see if we can nick a goal.
That will not give you consistency, it will not give players a chance to get some form. Constantly chasing shadows, the very few players with any flair (wingers) are running around like headless chickens chasing shadows and are essentially a second full back. Why are so many players out of form? Because of his tactics and style, Why are our defenders high up in the stats tables? because all we do is defend, its horrific

He isn't brave enough to take on the likes on the mighty Palace Luton Wolves Fulham at home.

He simply has to go in the summer!
If he is here beyond next season then dont expect anything other than what you are seeing right now, that's what he is.

Don't think that would be the case. He's never had a transfer kitty or a club to draw in a calibre of player. When he had a chance to get Steven Defour for example, he did.

Ancelloti played the exact same way with more "quality" than Dyche has now.

Best managers get the best out of what they've got. Not this modern idealistic view on what football should be.

Due to the points deduction Dyche has to accumulate near 50 points all with being the 3rd lowest spenders in the league.

Whinge and moan about the brand of football. The man has one of the toughest jobs in football imo.

Additionally... we're not going to get £150mill kitty in this decade. Even if he did, we'd be looking at a top 4 push as we'd have better quality to finish games off

Needs to find a solution for when teams are coming to goodison and sitting deep. We lack the number 10 to pick passes so we really need to switch the play quickly and get balls into the box.

I really don’t know what he’s playing at.
That was a total s#1t show of a performance against a terrible team.
The lineup was a joke. You could see McNeil, Young and Doucoure were well off the pace.
We need Seamus at right back for balance.
No aggression but a limp display. This one is well on the manager for me. I’m sick of watching it TBH

It wasn't pretty last night. Truth be told it was dire to watch, but in our position it was a must not lose game, and we didn't lose.

You do have to wonder if it would have been any different if we has all our points and we're comfortably mid table.

Don't think that would be the case. He's never had a transfer kitty or a club to draw in a calibre of player. When he had a chance to get Steven Defour for example, he did.

Ancelloti played the exact same way with more "quality" than Dyche has now.

Best managers get the best out of what they've got. Not this modern idealistic view on what football should be.

Due to the points deduction Dyche has to accumulate near 50 points all with being the 3rd lowest spenders in the league.

Whinge and moan about the brand of football. The man has one of the toughest jobs in football imo.
Is Mcneil better than what he showing?
DCL?
Harrison?
Onana?
Garner?
Gana?

Is he getting the best out of them? The answer is NO

Not saying he hasnt got a tough job and he is probably the man right now as the guy has broad shoulders to deal with all the 'noise' around the club, but beyond this season we need to change in the summer or we will be in for another season of uncertainty.

If/when we get a new owner then with that should come a new manager.