2023/24 Sean Dyche

It was worse then a rubbish performance. Way worse. It was an embarrassment of a performance. The players should be ashamed of themselves for it. They where a disgrace to the shirt. They where second best all over the park almost all game. I also saw them show little to no fight at even attempting to nab a winner with the six mins of stoppage they had. They're a shambles of a team.
It wasn't a good performance at all. Well done.

Was it an embarrassment? That's merely an opinion, but trust me, we do 'embarrassment' better than most. If you think that coming from behind to get a point was an embarrassment, then I can only assume you haven't been watching Everton for very long. But crack on, we do need to raise the standards.

It wasn't a good performance at all. Well done.

Was it an embarrassment? That's merely an opinion, but trust me, we do 'embarrassment' better than most. If you think that coming from behind to get a point was an embarrassment, then I can only assume you haven't been watching Everton for very long. But crack on, we do need to raise the standards.
Well then you'd be wrong fella. Very wrong. I've had a season ticket since 94-95 and I can count on one hand the home games I've missed in that time. I've watch this club long enough now and paid my dues I've seen us countless embarrassing showings. You knownthe biggest difference between then and now? This is the norm with the current gang of wage thieves. This is their level. If you want to pretend it isn't then that's up to you. Anyway, its pretty clear that we'll never agree so rather then wasting each others time going around in circles lets just agree to differ.

Last edited:

Well then you'd be wrong fella. Very wrong. I've had a season ticket since 94-95 and I can count on one hand the home games I've missed in that time. I've watch this club long enough now and paid my dues I've seen us countless embarrassing showings. You knownthe biggest difference between then and now? This is the norm with the current gang of wage thieves. This is their level. If you want to pretend it isn't then that's up to you.
I'm not pretending anything. We're not very good to watch, that's an opinion I agree with. However, we're better in terms of points gained from last year, that's a fact.

I think you're that frustrated, and you're just shouting stuff about 'desire' when the obvious problem is lack of quality players in the team. We've had numerous teams who have thrown the towel during your time as a ST holder, but Dyche's current team isn't one of them.

The club is in an awful postion on and off the pitch. Its unrealistic to sit here and expect good football while the club as an entity is possibly in the most precarious situation in its history; run by a disastrous leader who is trying to flog us to suspect buyers, and trying to move to a stadium we can scarcely afford to build if the twitter experts are to be believed. We aren't in a position to compete in any way and its not just down to Dyche.

That said, Dyche is doing only slightly, marginally better than those who came before him. The home form and performances is sackably bad at almost any other club. He's proving to everyone that he isn't some 'unproven diamond' some claimed him to be whilst at Burnley.

I don't see much point to discussion of sacking because at present I don't think anyone at the club is arsed enough to wield the axe. And certainly nobody better is coming into this mess.

I look forward to our ownership being sorted out, the stadium finished, and Dyche's contract coming to an end. Can only hope we scrape through and stay in the division until then.

I'm not pretending anything. We're not very good to watch, that's an opinion I agree with. However, we're better in terms of points gained from last year, that's a fact.

I think you're that frustrated, and you're just shouting stuff about 'desire' when the obvious problem is lack of quality players in the team. We've had numerous teams who have thrown the towel during your time as a ST holder, but Dyche's current team isn't one of them.
They had SIX mins of stoppage time to nab a winner and they offered nowt in them. They didn't scrabble for the ball or show any real fight, that's not a lack of quality issue. Its a lack of fight issue and it was a disgrace imo. Anyway as I said before mate, its pretty obvious that we aren't going to change our views so lets just end this on a positive note and agree to disagree.

They had SIX mins of stoppage time to nab a winner and they offered nowt in them. They didn't scrabble for the ball or show any real fight, that's not a lack of quality issue. Its a lack of fight issue and it was a disgrace imo. Anyway as I said before mate, its pretty obvious that we aren't going to change our views so lets just end this on a positive note and agree to disagree.
So we didn't get a winner in injury time = a lack of fight and a disgrace? Sound.

I agree we're not going to agree, and I will reiterate that football's not for you.

Partly the [Poor language removed] we are in is down to the kin happy clappers of which there are a fair few on here and crazily around the ground. who still defend that kind of tactics and performance against pretty dire opposition is mind blowing.

In stoppage time, the ball just got bogged down in the corner really and it was one throw in after another as far away from our goal as possible. The effort is certainly there, we just don’t have the quality required lately.

I understand the frustration at what we’ve watched tonight but I think we need to remember a few facts:

He inherited a terrible squad that was heading directly for relegation, due to mismanagement that preceded him. He kept them up.

He then had to try to strengthen that squad while generating a transfer profit to keep the lights on, due to mismanagement that preceded him.

He then has the resulting poor squad on 30 points and comfortable for staying up, if it wasn’t for punishment that, although unfair, is also down to the mismanagement that preceded him.

The situation we’re in is a result of years of this club being run by crooks and idiots. It’s not pretty but for me Dyche is still more part of the solution than the problem.
The fact Dyche is here is a symptom but not the cause of our problems.
When he goes we may not be fully fit , but at least we will know we are on the road to recovery.
For now we just have to suffer.

In stoppage time, the ball just got bogged down in the corner really and it was one throw in after another as far away from our goal as possible. The effort is certainly there, we just don’t have the quality required lately.
Where was the fight? We had the ball enough to at least attempt SOMETHING but nah it was just more of the same lifeless, limp crap we got for 99% of the game.