2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

20 games with no goal is shocking and he should have been dropped.

Beto also deserves to have be given a chance.

I will again repeat why take him off when in the last moments of games we create more chances in the last moments of the game.

If we need to win a game having our best striker has to stay on the pitch.

Horrible man-managerment.

Not being funny but the first thing that happens after or during any game is this thread gets activated to take even the slightest pop at DCL by the usual suspects to antagonise so it’s a bit hypocritical to call the likes of Nymz out for doing likewise
Spot on mate - the usual suspects, and we all know who they are.

Dom will be fine but the manager needs to learn how a team should create threat in the final third.

Richarlison didn’t set anyone up for fun. Him and DCL were never an effective partnership when they played up front together and most of us were saying exactly that at the time.

I've just checked and your right I thought he had set up about 6 of his 12 goals that season under Amcelotti. But it was 3 (they were all tap ins though against West Brom, Fulham and Burnley so I was half right lol)

We have the ball for about 30% of games, during which time we usually get pressed, panic and lump it long to one man against 2 or 3 defenders. Haaland and Kane wouldn't even score goals in this team.

That's not to say he hasn't missed chances in recent games, but we all know he's a better finisher when he doesn't have time to think about it.

Got to hand it to Dyche for somehow engineering a situation whereby one striker has played so many games and is probably desperate for a break, and the other striker has played so few games and is desperate for a chance - yet continues to persist with his methods to their detriment.

Continuing this way is to either rely on DCL suddenly scoring by fluke which gives him his confidence back, or for Beto to somehow adapt to the league and the team in one of his 15 minute cameos and become a devastating impact sub. I can’t see either happening in the 12 games remaining.

It’s a nonsense that he hasn’t tried something else by now. 21 games without a goal is absolutely scandalous, both for the player and the manager.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player with as many excuses made for them as him.

He has a tough job no doubt but 21 games without a goal is embarrassing and it’s not like he hasn’t had plenty of chances. Dyche football can be pretty turgid but it’s a myth that it doesn’t generate chances. We’d be well clear of relegation if he’d even had an average season.