6 + 2 Point Deductions

It does hold water because the argument is about being punished twice in the same season so punishing us last year and this year would be ok and this year and next year would be OK but deducting points twice in the same season for 2 different sets of accounts wouldn't be OK.

The Premier League wanted the sanction last season, but the Commission delayed it because the club argued that we needed more time to prepare.

Forest fans are in for a rude awakening. I went on one of their main forums. Most think they will only get 3-4 points max and they have mitigating factors in selling Johnson etc and Everton will definitely receive at least a further 6 points deduction.

Unless the judgement has changed the quantum then the precedent is 6 points just for the breach and the Johnson sale will not be considered as a mitigating factor as the IC essentially don't consider them based on the Everton case.

Forest will have 6 points deducted as an absolute minimum whereas Everton will be given a further 6 points as an absolute maximum.
They are just posting their hopes as their "opinion".
Much the way a lot in here said we'd never get a 10 point deduction, and then said we'd be getting all 10 back.
If our case is now precedent (it should be) then they will likely see the 6 point minimum for their breach and the dependent on the amount, another 1-2 points.
But each commission is "independent" so who know really?

When all is said and done, this whole mess shines a bright light on the total incompetence of leadership from all sides. From our shambolic, amateurish board, to the clueless disorganization of the PL.
The question is, coming out of this, will anything change for the better?
Will our board (assuming we get one) be run more professionally and successfully?
Will the PL sort themselves out and fix the many broken parts of their rules (PS & R, VAR, rich team bias... etc.)?
Currently, I just don't see it.
Both sets of leadership have been fumbling their way along like a blind man who thinks he's in brothel, but is actually in a fish mongers.

When Everton were hit with the second charge didn’t the club say they couldn’t calculate PSR for the second charge until the first appeal was concluded?

Was this on the basis on where we would finished in the league or have I remembered that wrong?
unfortunately I think that was in case our mitigations got accepted and the whole case thrown out. As nothing has been estimated down in the first charge, we're in breach for the second

This extract pretty much confirms that, if we can't argue it away, or some double jeopardy argument is miraculously accepted, we'll be getting a further points deduction

The seemingly likely outcome is that in April we will be docked an additional 2 points and Forest docked 6.
Based on today's table that would put forest down with Luton and us staying up.

2-4 for us, Im guessing as a worst case scenario. But fully expecting Forest to get at least 6-10, but then down 2-4 after their appeal.

Basically, were now on 25, and we need to get at least another 10 points to possibly be ok, 12-14 to be probably ok, but 15+ points to surely be ok.

A lot depends on if they punish Forest the same as they have treated us, or if Luton’s resurgence bubble deflates, but ultimately we need to carry on picking up points and get to that magic 40.

Weve earned (31) scoring 25 points on the adjusted table, from 26 games. Thats just under 1.2 points a game. We carry on with that, and we will pick another 14 points in the last 12, taking us to 39.

Going to be close!

If the clubs reaction has been that they are satisfied. I reckon they know something about second charges potential otherwise they would go on the offensive again. In my opinion
If we were talking about any other institution or well run club , yes .....but unfortunately this is Everton that we are talking about.

unfortunately I think that was in case our mitigations got accepted and the whole case thrown out. As nothing has been estimated down in the first charge, we're in breach for the second

This extract pretty much confirms that, if we can't argue it away, or some double jeopardy argument is miraculously accepted, we'll be getting a further points deduction

The PL is clearly aligning itself with the EFL here. I have been seeing things stating the EFL rules do not allow double jeopardy. If that's true then any punishment is likely to be less severe for the 2nd charge I would've thought