Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters

Dyche has to go in the summer even if he keeps us up

He won't. Fulfils the objective for second season running and will still have 12 months left so in the present state ideal to stay for one more season to give best shot of retaining prem status ahead of the move to BMD.

Aside from history and potential the Everton job really isn't that attractive currently. Basically the remit to the next manager coming in is try and some 3-4 good players on either a meagre budget or having to replace Branthwaite or Onana. Someone as integral as Doucoure currently wouldn't cut it in a slower and more patient build up either so that would be a big issue.

There's too much risk in changing in the summer especially with the actual takeover still not confirmed so that needs to be sorted out first.

Then in summer 2025 it does feel a new era and that's the time to part ways. Will only be sooner if it's an awful start to next season which of course could happen.

If Potter had a choice between Everton and West Ham I'm fairly sure he'd chose West Ham every single time as they could be back in europe again next season and likes of Bowen and Kudus to work with (Paqueta will probably be sold).

Another mushroom that doesn’t read and has his own agenda. NEW OWNER, NEW BOARD, NEW SPORTING TEAM, NEW GROUND. Chelsea have spent a billion on players in like 18 months, if they sack Poch next week you wouldn’t take him at Everton if there was a chance?. Because he got sacked at Chelsea.

And at least potter was in the running for a top job. None of the top 6 and loads of other teams over the last 6/7yrs who have tried to break into that group and push for Europe haven’t gone anywhere near dyche, that speaks volumes.

Everton, villa, West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle, Brighton, even Southampton who were 6th when we poached Koeman.
What agenda? if it's Dyche I didn't want to him here in the first place but we are in such a predicament I believe he will be here until the end of his contract as we actually can't afford to sack him.
If my agenda is not wanting Potter I actually would have rather seen him here than our 2 previous and current managers but that boat has sailed.
Don't think I've got mushroom for further comment tonight.🙂

Why are people advocating Potter?
If we went for him have we not seen what has happened over the last 10 years. Jumping from one extreme to the other on playing style would put us back yet again

Good post. Sums up what I was saying above. Doucoure is crucial to how the team play currently but he wouldn't be doing anything under Potter, same for Gana given his age. Garner + Onana are better fits for the pivot but reality is Onana could easily be sold.

Currently the midfield is the only functioning part of the team and even that is only really at most two games a month so with a Potter type manager you'd have to regenerate that quickly on top of sorting out the CF and wide players mess and the chronic options at RB and CB beyond the first choices.

Far far too much to do all in one transfer window, would require at least three windows I think as any new manager wouldn't exactly be inheriting a potentially decent squad.