Summer transfer window 2023

Oh I like Tarks...a lot , & Pickford.

But McNeil , Harrison , Godfrey , Gana Doucoure & Keane I Don't. They would struggle for game time in almost every team outside of the bottom 3.

FWIW DCL , Garner , Onana , Branthwaite & even Mykolenko were not signed from relegated clubs.
Ok but they are all first XI plus Tarks and Pickford. So that is 7 who are throwing up this tosh of football !! I just don’t think that being from relegated teams gets you relegated. There are good players that go down.

Having said that I would not be looking to pick up many from Sheff Utd, Burnley or Luton !!

Oh I like Tarks...a lot , & Pickford.

But McNeil , Harrison , Godfrey , Gana Doucoure & Keane I Don't. They would struggle for game time in almost every team outside of the bottom 3.

FWIW DCL , Garner , Onana , Branthwaite & even Mykolenko were not signed from relegated clubs.

Didn't say that at all.

You said you wouldnt sign players that have been relegated.

A: Look at the 4 from Leeds i mentioned that get into our team.

B: You also alluded to us being near the bottom and dire so if you saw us relegated if equates to you also not rating any players.

The fact is that even when a team goes down there may be certain players that may be a better fit in a different team, under a different manager or just suffering amongst poor players.

Ok but they are all first XI plus Tarks and Pickford. So that is 7 who are throwing up this tosh of football !! I just don’t think that being from relegated teams gets you relegated. There are good players that go down.

Having said that I would not be looking to pick up many from Sheff Utd, Burnley or Luton !!

Sheff Utd: Archer, Souza, Hamer

Burnley: Trafford, Taylor

Luton: Doughty, Barkley

Forest: MGW, Murilo, Danilo, Sangare, Dominguez

There a a few there that take our team and squad up a notch.

B: You also alluded to us being near the bottom and dire so if you saw us relegated if equates to you also not rating any players.

The fact is that even when a team goes down there may be certain players that may be a better fit in a different team, under a different manager or just suffering amongst poor players.

Loser mentality spreads through the squad.

You want players that fear relegation, not players who have suffered it.

Forest arnt relegated Zat.

The rest ....They don't.

I wanted MGW previously. Not sure on the rest.

you and your utter wham

you and your utter wham

I think there's some merit in buying players from relegated teams. Its not like they suddenly don't fear relegation any more, if anything having gone through the process once, they're going to do whatever it takes to not go through it again. Players that are good enough, will prosper in a decent team whereas they might well look poor in a poor team.

Its just the bottom three at the moment are truly awful, so the standard this summer compared to normal will be weaker and thus there's less of a case to be made for signing them. But then we're in a much weaker position than normal too, so we will probably have to make do with whatever we can get, and if that includes players from the bottom 3, then so be it if it improves us. And that's the key here, buying players that improve us, rather than just signing players as squad fodder.

?????

James Trafford is one of the worst keepers in the league.

Is just the price that would put me off most of them, can get bettwr value out of the league.

Is there no capable athletic right winger with a right foot in the France, German or Spanish top leagues? There must be an answer to the devoid option we face currently. Losing what few prospects we have will upset the support, replacing with nothing might push a few over the edge.