Summer transfer window 2023

Not quite sure a Real Madrid goalie is coming here but cross your toes.
Yeah, I know it's more like dreaming, but only maybe a little chance in case Pickford would leave. Once Courtois comes back, probably goes back to No. 2, despite doing a very good job and could be No. 1 at multiple clubs. He's better than Kepa ever was, still laughing in my sleeves how we could rip off Chelsea back then.

I was thinking one of dobbin and mills would stay
Think dobbin best best out loan hopefully start more, mills maybe would have had chance but had bad injury
Thelwell indicating we won't be signing over 27's for cash anymore suggests we won't be following up with Harrison as he will be nearly 28 by the start of next season.
Great i could understand if cheap but 20 mill we have to walk away, another loan maybe but anything else not for me
Be all over trying to get Odobert, at Burnley mate, he’s a serious talent.
Yeah the lm hard to tell with them this season

Realistically, this is what I see us left with once contracts expire and players return from loans and the inevitable Onana and Branners sale.

Pickford
Virginia
Patterson
Myko
Holgate
Keane
Tarks
Godfrey
Garner
Doucs
McNeil
Dobbin
Beto
Chermo
DCL

15 players, I have probably missed somebody, but I think thats where we stand currently.

Which means we probably need :

1 GK
1 LB
1 RB
3 CM
and 2 "wingers".

That takes us up to a squad of 24, so yeah, we should probably get used to Myko, Keane and Tarks for next season.

Surely at least one CB. We can’t have one of Keane Holgate or Godfrey starting every week

That Trafford is one of the worst keepers in the league. First Bazunu, now this, why do you want us to have a crap keeper?

He's looked decent when ive seen him, although I confess not much of an avid Burnley watcher.

Verbruggen want to Brighton and Mamardashvili is the only other id be confident on. Simon from Bilbao only has a year on his deal if Pickford was to move.

Who would you prefer as a younger player to develop with a view to a future sale?

Doughty looks a good player but I'll be surprised if we spend money on a left back this summer.

We already need to sign a right back and 2 wingers and most likely replace one or both of Onana and Branthwaite. I'd get used to mykolenko if I were you.

LB I think Charlie Taylor on a free.

Realistically, this is what I see us left with once contracts expire and players return from loans and the inevitable Onana and Branners sale.

Pickford
Virginia
Patterson
Myko
Holgate
Keane
Tarks
Godfrey
Garner
Doucs
McNeil
Dobbin
Beto
Chermo
DCL

15 players, I have probably missed somebody, but I think thats where we stand currently.

Which means we probably need :

1 GK
1 LB
1 RB
3 CM
and 2 "wingers".

That takes us up to a squad of 24, so yeah, we should probably get used to Myko, Keane and Tarks for next season.

End of season if we sold Branthwaite & Onana:

GK: Pickford / Virginia
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Keane / Holgate
RCB: Tarkowski / Godfrey
RB: Patterson
RCB
LM: McNeil / Dobbin
CM:
CM: Garner
RM:
ACM: Doucoure
ST: DCL / Beto / Chermiti

Players with one year on their contracts:

DCL
Doucoure
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Dobbin
Virginia

A lot of work needed this window.

He's looked decent when ive seen him, although I confess not much of an avid Burnley watcher.

Verbruggen want to Brighton and Mamardashvili is the only other id be confident on. Simon from Bilbao only has a year on his deal if Pickford was to move.

Who would you prefer as a younger player to develop with a view to a future sale?

LB I think Charlie Taylor on a free.

End of season if we sold Branthwaite & Onana:

GK: Pickford / Virginia
LB: Mykolenko
LCB: Keane / Holgate
RCB: Tarkowski / Godfrey
RB: Patterson
RCB
LM: McNeil / Dobbin
CM:
CM: Garner
RM:
ACM: Doucoure
ST: DCL / Beto / Chermiti

Players with one year on their contracts:

DCL
Doucoure
Godfrey
Keane
Holgate
Dobbin
Virginia

A lot of work needed this window.

Err well if we were to buy I like Chevalier and Bulka in France, Atubolu in Germany, Rajkovic in Spain, and Patterson at Sunderland is promising.

But before I even remotely consider opening the piggy bank I give Virginia/Tyrer chances.

Not with Zat, his commitment to attempting to replace Pickford with the flavour of the month young goalie every season is admirable, but even by those standards Trafford has stunk this season

I feel that I'm very much toeing the line of the club strategy every summer.

We always sign a young keeper.

I do like @Nymzee mentioning Chevalier...