Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of a team that's worse to watch than us. That doesn't mean we'll be relegated, we were 2nd only to Southampton last season in our awfulness and still somehow survived

We’re getting nothing at Newcastle. Just be thankful Luton have Arsenal away.
What is frustrating is that it should be a good opportunity with their injuries but we won’t put them under enough pressure to test their second string backline. Likewise Chelsea have just gone life and death for a point at home to Burnley who were down to 10 men after 40 mins. Burnley managed 17 attempts and 7 on target. When we play them it will be 7 attempts with 2 on target

Luton have big limitations but they are having a go and will win 3 more games before the end of the season in my opinion. We don’t look like a team capable of winning and a few draws and one lucky win with a set piece goal is unlikely to be enough this time

What is frustrating is that it should be a good opportunity with their injuries but we won’t put them under enough pressure to test their second string backline. Likewise Chelsea have just gone life and death for a point at home to Burnley who were down to 10 men after 40 mins. Burnley managed 17 attempts and 7 on target. When we play them it will be 7 attempts with 2 on target

Luton have big limitations but they are having a go and will win 3 more games before the end of the season in my opinion. We don’t look like a team capable of winning and a few draws and one lucky win with a set piece goal is unlikely to be enough this time
That’s down to how the manager sets his team up. Unfortunately ours thinks you can sit back and try and nick a goal and then hang on. Every other team has a go and scores. Our manager has our wide forwards tracking back to our own corner flag. And you wonder why they are gassed after 50 minutes.

His whole set up is 10 years out of date.

Didn’t really ever think I would get to this, but I’m getting to the stage where I couldn’t be bothered if we go down or not. Hope I feel differently tomorrow.

Just replying to a comment that said burnley could go level with us if they beat us after the deduction, which would be 4.
Saw that but my understanding is/was that it would be two at the most.
Granted a four point deduction, coincidentally taking us back to our original ten point penalty could be our death knell.

Woke up, looked at the score, laughed and went on with my day. That’s what this team and the premier league have reduced me to. It’s hardly worth caring about anymore when placing in the league are now pretty much predetermined. We’re run like a mid table championship club, the premier league want us in the championship so much they are docking us points in order to make it so. We’ve been an irrelevance in football for over 30years. Let’s get to where we belong so we can all stop worrying about it. Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Everton. Yesterday’s men.

Status
Not open for further replies.