Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, grazed contact on second viewing, still 100% not a penalty, not even a soft one. If you give that you're getting 50 every game.
There you go buddy ! Don’t it feel good to get that out? Atta boy, no more hiding behind your fabrication of mistruths and false statements. It’s freeing isn’t!!!

I know I don’t speak for everyone in here but I know more people in here than just myself are just so proud of you taking this massive steps towards your overall growth in being a rational and logical human being.

Well done sir ! Well don!

Glad you lot don't work for VAR is all I'm saying. I'd be embarrased as Garner to even go down like he did. Get punched in the face in Sunday League if you did that.
I can’t think of a single player who doesn’t go down for that challenge kicked in the leg in the box…. Pen, it’s that simple

There you go buddy ! Don’t it feel good to get that out? Atta boy, no more hiding behind your fabrication of mistruths and false statements. It’s freeing isn’t!!!

I know I don’t speak for everyone in here but I know more people in here than just myself are just so proud of you taking this massive steps towards your overall growth in being a rational and logical human being.

Well done sir ! Well don!

And yet, for all your overuse of the word obtuse today, you still believe it was a penalty. Quite alarming really.

And yet, for all your overuse of the word obtuse today, you still believe it was a penalty. Quite alarming really.
when a word fits as perfectly as that one does for this entire conversation you have to just keep laying it out there and hope they come around. You did! Again, well done. That’s growth !

For those not been over to the PSR thread, see about 2:20, this is the after match reaction to SKY, what do you think he means?

1712426451701.png

I'm sorry but if you truly want football to get better, "penalties" like this need stamped out. Not arsed if Liverpool get them - no one should get them. Wouldn't even be shouting for that when Barrow were in the non-league.
It’s not about what I want it’s about what constitutes a pen in today’s game. That foul was a pen to any of the scab 6

So it was a correct decision then, cheers.
Is it a soft penalty? - yes, should the league be officiated so that those incidents aren't pens? - yes, are those incidents currently routinely given as penalties? - absolutely. If a defender makes any sort of contact with an attacker in the box while attempting a tackle then nowadays it is virtually always given as a pen no matter how small the contact. I have seen Liverpool get at least 4 penalties in exactly the same way. I think Jota got two in one match. That is the current standard for other clubs but we have been denied a similar standard in consecutive Saturdays.