Relegation 23/24 Thread

Forest arent as good as chelsea lets hope a thrashing will give them all a real kick up the butt and we battle like mad for a win ! 3 points is a must this match ! 6-0 could be a corner turner !

Forest arent as good as chelsea lets hope a thrashing will give them all a real kick up the butt and we battle like mad for a win ! 3 points is a must this match ! 6-0 could be a corner turner !
Yep, defeat at Chelsea as bad as it was, doesnt auto mena a defeat v Forest like some think/act/like. we've had bad defeats before and then won the very next game. sticking to we will win sunday

How old are you?

Not even close mate

I've no doubt whatsoever this is our worst Premier League squad to compete since the Premier League started.

What supports that view would be the last 3 seasons of football results.

We survived the last 2 years by the skin of our teeth.

We're going into our third relegation fight - setting records for games without winning.

Last season we finished with our lowest ever Premier League points total.

So yes - this squad/team is worse than any before it. The points total show it - points per game over 3 years make it abundantly clear.

I've no doubt whatsoever this is our worst Premier League squad to compete since the Premier League started.

What supports that view would be the last 3 seasons of football results.

We survived the last 2 years by the skin of our teeth.

We're going into our third relegation fight - setting records for games without winning.

Last season we finished with our lowest ever Premier League points total.

So yes - this squad/team is worse than any before it. The points total show it - points per game over 3 years make it abundantly clear.
It will take some convincing before I say a team is worse than our 97/98 season, I don't buy the points per game argument, back then the worst teams were 35 points but the best were mid to high 70's since then the bias towards the top teams has seen them get near or more than 90 so they are taking more points from the worst sides which has seen the points at the bottom getting lower totals. look at this for a mess our most capped player was John Oster.
1713356740992.png

I mean we are in a better position now than the past 2 years? I'm surprised your head hasn't levelled out a bit, don't you calm down after a loss like that?
Our current form is as bad as it has been under any manager. What happened in the autumn has very little relevance now, other than it has given us a small cushion. Is it too small? I guess we'll find out on Sunday.

It will take some convincing before I say a team is worse than our 97/98 season, I don't buy the points per game argument, back then the worst teams were 35 points but the best were mid to high 70's since then the bias towards the top teams has seen them get near or more than 90 so they are taking more points from the worst sides which has seen the points at the bottom getting lower totals. look at this for a mess our most capped player was John Oster.
View attachment 253242

Speed and Stuart both played that season too. Appalling team that finished on 40 points. Balance wise though - there's midfielders who can pass a ball - Speed, Suart, Barmby, Hutchinson, and a striker there who has double figures for goals. If we had that now, we're comfortable.

You can only judge each team at it's time - and the reality is, we just finished a season by staying up on the final day with our lowest ever points total. We've moved into this season and just set club record run of 13 games without a win.

3 seasons of desperate relegation fights with the largely the same core team, IMO progressively getting a bit worse - delivering a lowest ever points total and club record runs without a win.

There's some serious shallow hal going on from fans towards this team. We've just had to watch Doucoure, behind Beto - with Young on one wing and McNeil on the other. Little surprise then only Sheff Utd have scored less goals than us.

Speed and Stuart both played that season too. Appalling team that finished on 40 points. Balance wise though - there's midfielders who can pass a ball - Speed, Suart, Barmby, Hutchinson, and a striker there who has double figures for goals. If we had that now, we're comfortable.

You can only judge each team at it's time - and the reality is, we just finished a season by staying up on the final day with our lowest ever points total. We've moved into this season and just set club record run of 13 games without a win.

3 seasons of desperate relegation fights with the largely the same core team, IMO progressively getting a bit worse - delivering a lowest ever points total and club record runs without a win.

There's some serious shallow hal going on from fans towards this team.
I hate this team but to say is the worst is not accurate, it's clearly one of the worst but that 97/98 side was diabolical.

There's some serious shallow hal going on from fans towards this team.
And a very poor, one dimensional manager.

Yes, the squad is poor but someone is managing them. The showings against Burnley and Chelsea (yes, I know we spawned a freak goal victory against 10 man Burnley but we were terrible) clearly demonstrate the limits of this manager as well as the limits of the playing staff. Just because the squad is bad doesn't mean the manager is not also bad.

The squad is poor but it's not "no win in 15" poor.

This is like Dele's wages going up every time they get mentioned - our players just get worse after every game somehow lol yet would probably walk into teams around us and we don't want to even sniff some of the players in their positions.

Or we can just admit we replaced one atrocious manager with another atrocious manager based on "he's the best we can get, he's experienced and can shout at them!!!" and it's not entirely on the players that we have no consistent and working game plan 90% of the time and we rely on chaos or luck.

I hate this team but to say is the worst is not accurate, it's clearly one of the worst but that 97/98 side was diabolical.

You say it's not accurate, but it's opinion.

My opinion is the team that's put us through the last 3 years, longest club run without a win and lowest ever points total is the worst squad - the balance/lack of pace/ability to score goals and win points to keep us up.

People can scoff at that, but in 10 years from now fans will talk about this period as being the worst. Unless we go down - because then it would get a lot worse.

And a very poor, one dimensional manager.

Yes, the squad is poor but someone is managing them. The showings against Burnley and Chelsea (yes, I know we spawned a freak goal victory against 10 man Burnley but we were terrible) clearly demonstrate the limits of this manager as well as the limits of the playing staff. Just because the squad is bad doesn't mean the manager is not also bad.

History will show this period/team having a number of managers and being woeful.

Whether we like it or not, we had a Champions League/title winner in Benitez and Lampard who were also terrible.

The wheels even come off under Ancelotti - we nosedived that season.

The squad is poor but it's not "no win in 15" poor.

This is like Dele's wages going up every time they get mentioned - our players just get worse after every game somehow lol yet would probably walk into teams around us and we don't want to even sniff some of the players in their positions.

Or we can just admit we replaced one atrocious manager with another atrocious manager based on "he's the best we can get, he's experienced and can shout at them!!!" and it's not entirely on the players that we have no consistent and working game plan 90% of the time and we rely on chaos or luck.

It is.

It just happened.

We also had this under the previous manager;

Defeat at fellow strugglers West Ham United on Saturday was Everton's ninth loss in 12 Premier League games.

They are second from bottom of the table with 15 points from 20 matches, above Southampton on goal difference.

We also sacked Benitez on 18th Jan, after this;

The Toffees have won just once in the Premier League since September and are 15th in the table, six points above the relegation zone.

Baffles me how fans think we have a decent team. There's no pace, or ability whatsoever in that final third. That dictates relegation scrap - as it has for years now.

We'll be in one next season too unless some pace comes in. Kudus/Gnonto would have made the world of difference.

I didn't expect anything from the Chelsea game but I didn't expect to concede six either.

However , it is the games against Forest, Brentford, Luton and Sheff. Utd that will determine where we finish.
That’s it really. Monday was a right kick in the balls but it was always going to come down to those 4 games. Now is the time to just hold our nerve.