2023/24 Sean Dyche

Because if we’d had: Bielsa Hassnhuttl Rodgers Potter Nuno Lage Lopetegui Vieira Marsch Kompany De Zerbi Iraola managing us then we would have got top 4 instead playing some progressive modern attacking football and just ‘going for it’ and ‘attempting to win’ rather than the current set up of drawing our way to safety (if you ignore the 4 wins in last

Have you witnessed any repenting from the following cabal of bedwetters/shysters since the final whistle had blown yesterday sir ?

nsno chris
Hinchcliffes Corner
blueboy72
Bicycleheader
Daytripper

In Dyche We Trust.

Better fans? Not so long ago, we were getting behind* a manager who was getting us relegated, hammered twice in four days at Bournemouth, and humiliated at Burnley.

And by "getting behind", I mean dropping to our collective knees and applying copious amounts of tongue while telling ourselves "he gets us."

He certainly got us. That's for sure.

Many of Lampards cult following never liked Dyche from the get go. Strange how they still yearn for his "style of play" "front foot football" that was absolutely useless 'ere.

Right so beating Bournemouth 3-0 at home wasn’t a good game?

Newcastle 3-0?
Chelsea 2-0?

How about beating Brentford, Palace, and West Ham all away from home?

Beating Villa away from home in the cup ending their home record, and then beating Burnley 3-0 at home in the next round.

None of those games are good games? No.
*sigh*
You go your way and l’ll go mine .
It’s just opinions.
And ours evidently differ greatly.
But , just for the record , results were good but the football remained poor.
I believe if we played a better style of football , we would have more results like the ones you list above , score more goals and have less ‘15 games without a win’ runs.
We might also finish higher up the table.

Have you witnessed any repenting from the following cabal of bedwetters/shysters since the final whistle had blown yesterday sir ?

nsno chris
Hinchcliffes Corner
blueboy72
Bicycleheader
Daytripper

In Dyche We Trust.

Many of Lampards cult following never liked Dyche from the get go. Strange how they still yearn for his "style of play" "front foot football" that was absolutely useless 'ere.

People are entitled to different opinions, that’s what the forum is all about. It’s equally my right to put forward a pro Dyche argument when I thought the criticism of him was unfair.

Ultimately until there’s new owners Dyche isn’t going anywhere so this debate is largely moot. A change of ownership would likely change everything at the club.

*sigh*
You go your way and l’ll go mine .
It’s just opinions.
And ours evidently differ greatly.
But , just for the record , results were good but the football remained poor.
I believe if we played a better style of football , we would have more results like the ones you list above , score more goals and have less ‘15 games without a win’ runs.
We might also finish higher up the table.
There was a period yesterday when Dychie’s Ballers put together 30 passes of silky soccerball mostly in their opponents half pal. It was like Spacejam.

Because if we’d had: Bielsa Hassnhuttl Rodgers Potter Nuno Lage Lopetegui Vieira Marsch Kompany De Zerbi Iraola managing us then we would have got top 4 instead playing some progressive modern attacking football and just ‘going for it’ and ‘attempting to win’ rather than the current set up of drawing our way to safety (if you ignore the 4 wins in last 5)
I know mate, mid table teams no longer appoint garbage

IMG_3106.jpeg

There was a period yesterday when Dychie’s Ballers put together 30 passes of silky soccerball mostly in their opponents half pal. It was like Spacejam.

When we beat Brentford at their place we had 18 shots on goal, 6 on target to their 2 shots on target. Until we sat off at the end with the game comfortably won we’d also dominated possession playing some absolutely great stuff. All this at a team that had a great home record on their own patch. Not many bottom 3 teams can play this way ever.

There’s the passing move v Newcastle also, and even against the RS before McNeil’s corner.

I’m sure we’ll see more of this when we don’t have to dig ourselves out of an 8 point deficit next season.

Better fans? Not so long ago, we were getting behind* a manager who was getting us relegated, hammered twice in four days at Bournemouth, and humiliated at Burnley.

And by "getting behind", I mean dropping to our collective knees and applying copious amounts of tongue while telling ourselves "he gets us."

He certainly got us. That's for sure.
I have no doubt he does.

Lampard achieved what Dyche achieved last season, kept us up.

He never got the chance to do what Dyche has done this season because he was rightly fired after going months without winning.
Im not saying Dyche hasnt done the job he is here to do he has.

I firmly believe next season under him will be same as this season in what will be a higher points total to survive as the teams coming up will be stronger than this season. Under Dyche it will always be 'survival'

I have no doubt he does.

He never got the chance to do what Dyche has done this season because he was rightly fired after going months without winning.

I firmly believe next season under him will be same as this season in what will be a higher points total to survive as the teams coming up will be stronger than this season. Under Dyche it will always be 'survival'
Under this ownership - if we can call it that - it will always be survival.

Until we have progressive people running the club, the manager's position is largely immaterial.

Yes! Just 2 weeks ago we hadn't won a game of football in 3 months!!

If your ok with that then that's fine, but for me not winning a game of football for 3 months is unacceptable, we were not playing Real Madrid or City every week.
The previous 2 managers lost their job for this kind of run, now Dyche has kept us up so he has done his job, granted. Well done,
Do i want him here going into next season absolutely not! I think it will end in tears and we will be in a relegation battle from the off under him.
I'm okay with it if, during the other two third of the season, we accumulate enough points to reach our objectives, absolutely. Why would I base my opinion on one randomly selected portion of the season? It's utterly meaningless.

And we won't be fighting relegation under him next season just like we weren't this season without the deductions.

Get some perspective!

I have no doubt he does.

Dyche could end up finishing on anything between 44 and 53 points this season. Doesn’t matter who comes up, you’re not going down with that.

Also, Leicester will probably win the championship, are they better than the Leicester that went down that had Tielemans Maddison Barnes and a younger Vardy in it? No. They’re probably not even as good as the Burnley team that went up the year before them that are probably going right back down.

If Dyche is in charge, and we have no points deductions, then I predict we will have zero concern with relegation next season.

Under this ownership - if we can call it that - it will always be survival.

Until we have progressive people running the club, the manager's position is largely immaterial.
Yes the minute that survival is not the ambition then Dyche gets punted!

We could have Citys owners and money right now, it wont change Dyches style or tactics.

No one can argue with the job he’s done, it’s remarkable really.

Would he be my first choice and he right up my street tactically, absolutely not, but he’s done an amazing job considering what’s gone on by Masters and the PL plus the shocking state moshiri and kenwright have the club in, so he deserves our backing and the chance to change himself and take us forward.

Hopefully, with our top flight status secured, he can take the handbrake off a little, loose some of the pragmatism and give a few of the younger players like Warrington a few games in preparation for the trials ans tribulations of next season.

Tbf he should be in with a shout for manager of the year.

When we beat Brentford at their place we had 18 shots on goal, 6 on target to their 2 shots on target. Until we sat off at the end with the game comfortably won we’d also dominated possession playing some absolutely great stuff. All this at a team that had a great home record on their own patch. Not many bottom 3 teams can play this way ever.

There’s the passing move v Newcastle also, and even against the RS before McNeil’s corner.

I’m sure we’ll see more of this when we don’t have to dig ourselves out of an 8 point deficit next season.
Absolutely