John lundstram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah echo the thoughts this is a good move, hopefully its done as part of a learning curve rather than to try and find a buyer for him.

He looked good when i saw him play in the reserves earlier in the season.

There is a highlight on the OS from the Youth Cup match against Arsenal, showing Lundstram settling and slotting from outside the 18. He looked composed throughout the match, keeps his head up and passes incisively forward. You can tell he consciously picks his times to get forward. In fewer words, I like the way this lad approaches the mental aspect of the game. A loan spell at a capable outfit is just the ticket. Tip of the hat to this decision, and good luck John lad.

U21 v Middlesborough but i agree with comments.

Good. Hes boss and the lack of hype is doing him the world of good. I agree with whoever said he looks better than Barkley but Moyes knows more than me.

Hopefully he can maintain this form until the end of the season and start making the odd senior appearance for us next year. Delighted that he's getting such rave reviews.

seems he had a stormer last night. think he could be the answer to our midfield problems long-term. moyes will prob have to leave for him to be given a chance though.
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237765.0

Nice one mate!

Seems as though they're having a bit of a rave about him on that page, which is ace to hear.

"His range of passing is world class"

I think a bit of wee just slipped out.

It was mentioned on the DRFC forum and something I've noticed the few times I've seen him for England and the u21s: he's always getting into space and making himself available on the ball. So many of our first team tend to shirk that element of their games, which leads to the player in possession getting crowded out quickly and our moves breaking down. It happens to Osman probably ten times per game. Nice to see Lundstram has this about him, as well as an eye for a pass. Being in Barkley's shadow for the last two years has probably done him some good. Love to see him in the first team squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.