John lundstram

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I like what I've seen of Lunstrum. Not as flashy as Barkley, but real mobility and range of passes. Its a massive step up to first team, but he has a chance and will certainly make a living out of the game.

I'd rather puck Ian Marshall at cm as he is now than Osman, I say give the kid a go because he cant be any worse than Osman

And this is the typical type of quote and thinking that completely bemuses me....

Yes he can, infact he could be much worse, in fact he could cost us game after game, point after point.

a) Martinez still has Barry, McCarthy, Osman and even Heitinga to choose from to protect the back four.

b) Lundstram might get into the squad for experience but we'd potentially have a very young and inexperienced central midfield of McCarthy, Lundstram and Barkley if he did break into the first team.

c) Unless we make one of the loans permanent or send them back we can't bring anyone else in temporarily in January. I'd be surprised if Martinez paid a transfer fee for anybody, so he might look at a free agent such as Diarra (released by Fulham) as an extra body until the end of the season.

d) It looks as if Junior has only made 2 sub appearances for Vitesse, so we might be able to recall him if he's not getting games.

And this is the typical type of quote and thinking that completely bemuses me....

Yes he can, infact he could be much worse, in fact he could cost us game after game, point after point.

if he is worse than the most dribbled past cm in the league, we should have released him years ago, i'd rather at least try than accept that the utter dross osman produces is our best option

a) Martinez still has Barry, McCarthy, Osman and even Heitinga to choose from to protect the back four.

b) Lundstram might get into the squad for experience but we'd potentially have a very young and inexperienced central midfield of McCarthy, Lundstram and Barkley if he did break into the first team.

c) Unless we make one of the loans permanent or send them back we can't bring anyone else in temporarily in January. I'd be surprised if Martinez paid a transfer fee for anybody, so he might look at a free agent such as Diarra (released by Fulham) as an extra body until the end of the season.

d) It looks as if Junior has only made 2 sub appearances for Vitesse, so we might be able to recall him if he's not getting games.

In BOLD JH do not want to see him on the bench never mind in midfield!

Junior is pants, he's here for a few more years yet sadly.

Lundstram will give it his all if he's called up, you'll never see anyone graft harder and work their bollocks off. But he isn't ready to become part of a team that has hopes of, well, whatever Martinez is hoping for this season.

Junior is pants, he's here for a few more years yet sadly.

Lundstram will give it his all if he's called up, you'll never see anyone graft harder and work their bollocks off. But he isn't ready to become part of a team that has hopes of, well, whatever Martinez is hoping for this season.

Any idea why he was even signed?

These vid's give an idea of what hes about, I think they are at least a year old. Looks like he could do a similar job for us as Barry does but as Swisso said not sure if he'd be ready yet though.

[video=youtube;m9AA726pZSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9AA726pZSI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.