Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's going to **** this up isn't he?

He's going to employ some right tit.

Bill has said that he'll be calling a special board meeting to really start to get down to the hard work of finding a suitable replacement.

Yes, he's going to **** it up. Royally.

They appointed Moyes, I am sure they can get the right man in to replace him.

They screw many things up, but I believe the interest in this post will be strong enough to make it fool proof transition.

They legally have to act quickly - New York Stock Exchange and all that, means they have to announce to shareholders whats happening asap
They don't legally have to act quickly.

They have to announce any material information quickly.

Not the same thing.

We've drawn up a small list of good managers who would be good in the job on this forum and as Evertonions as a whole on twitter etc, you can just tell that Bill will appoint someone that no one wants.

This is why I'm terrified by the thought of this summer. And I agree with people saying we should take our time appointing a manager but tbh, with only really Pereira, Di Matteo, Steve Clark Possibly and Martinez I'd like us to not rush it but get into discussions with all of them soon and see what they would do if they got the chance. Because it would really help us if we get them in early so transfer targets and can listed early and hopefully move early in the market for once as we will have some money with Felli going out and also TV money.

Last edited:
They have to react quickly to protect their share price. Bill can sit sobbing for weeks as he has no one to answer too unfortunately

The list of who I don't want it 10 times longer than the list of who I do want.

Do not want:

Mark Hughes
Martin O'Neil
Neil Lennon
Harry Redknapp
Dave Jones
Roberto Di Matteo
Any Johnny Foregienr with no first hand experience of EPL

Wouldn't Mind:

Brian Laudroup
Roberto Martinez

Could probably cope with

Rafael Benitez
Steve Clarke ( Think most of his success was down to Hodgsons foundations)

Who would you like at dave?

I wouldn't look past Martinez. I think he has the composure and experience to operate at this level and with our better players (plus the one's he'd bring in) and a bit of time he'd fashion a very entertaining and winning team. I dont buy the defensive frailties criticism. He wont be working with Emerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell down here.

He'd also suit Bill and co. down to the ground by generating cash from sales when needed.

We really need to secure this feller, IMO. If he costs £5M to tear away from Wigan then that's what we need to pay.

This is a very big decision and you need something that's tried and tested.

I wouldn't look past Martinez. I think he has the composure and experience to operate at this level and with our better players (plus the one's he'd bring in) and a bit of time he'd fashion a very entertaining and winning team. I dont buy the defensive frailties criticism. He wont be working with Emerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell down here.

He'd also suit Bill and co. down to the ground by generating cash from sales when needed.

We really need to secure this feller, IMO. If he costs £5M to tear away from Wigan then that's what we need to pay.

But Dave whelan thinks he will be the next Barcelona manager! :) too big for Everton apparently.

They have to react quickly to protect their share price. Bill can sit sobbing for weeks as he has no one to answer too unfortunately

Bill wiil spend the next couple of week reapeating that all Evertonians worship David Moyes, because he speaks for us all now.

If they went down would that change your mind Dave?

I've always thought he'd go on to do well in the game but a relegation, which is odds on, is putting me off him a bit TBH.

Im going for Laudrup- not just because of what hes done at Swansea but his success at every club hes managed. Plus hes a world known ex world class player that could attract soem decent names.

If they went down would that change your mind Dave?

I've always thought he'd go on to do well in the game but a relegation, which is odds on, is putting me off him a bit TBH.

I think they have done well to last this long mate, especially as more teams around them are spending more and more on wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.