Sorting the Chaff from the Wheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Araz Abdullayev.

I spent a while learning that one just in case he turned into the Scouse Messi.

I'm 99% sure he's disappeared off the face of the Earth since.
He never qualified for a work permit, and so stayed on loan in Azerbaijan somewhere IIRC.

Don't care who we are linked with in the papers, its who we actually go for that matters.

We have signed a few players in the past that the media haven't linked us too in the weeks leading up to the transfer, kind of hoping we sign a few like that this summer as the names being mentioned in the press at the minute have me a bit worried.

If anyone is to blame for the lack of big names it's Kenwright, he tells Martinez what he can afford to spend and is limiting him to bargain basement types. But as some have said, there's still 2 months of the window open so it's too early to moan just yet....

If anyone is to blame for the lack of big names it's Kenwright, he tells Martinez what he can afford to spend and is limiting him to bargain basement types. But as some have said, there's still 2 months of the window open so it's too early to moan just yet....

It's never too early to moan in here. In fact, FFS Kenwright, why haven't we signed anyone in next January's transfer window yet.

The worrying thing is that the 'one player for each section of the team' could well end up all being Wigan players. Even 3 of the 4 would seriously ask questions as to how much knowledge he actually has.

My main worry is hes looking at players that he couldnt attract at Wigan, which is fine, theres not many decent players that would go to Wigan, but we have gone from Negredo to Kone, Fer to Nathan fcking Dyer.

But still 2 months left of the window, I aint gonna panic, yet.

I'd rather we were linked to players who have a realistic chance of coming here than ones plucked from Bills imagination, negredo was never coming here in a million years, wouldn't be surprised if Fer's last minute deal collapse was another smoke and mirrors trick from Bill.......................

I don't know who Martinez wants to sign , I don't think he has given any indication.
The information about Kone came from Dave Whelan.

Every summer we are linked with dozens and on for a such as this there is elation or depression,usually depression. Then we end up signing somebody completely different anyway.
It is pointless getting upset over newspaper speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.