Sorting the Chaff from the Wheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was "sort the wheat from the chaff". Is this another scouse reversal thing like with ice lolly/lolly ice?

I always thought it was "sort the wheat from the chaff". Is this another scouse reversal thing like with ice lolly/lolly ice?

It was a deliberate reversal for dramatic effect. I'm ace like that.

It's "sort the wheat from the chaff" in Scouseland too. :)

Am I the only one who thinks Dyer would be a good signing then?

Nope, I wouldn't mind at all tricky and skilful and go past people - how many Everton players have we been able to say that about in the last decade.

If he was at the right money would deffo be worthwhile.

Why do people take it as gospel when the papers link us with certain players ?
We were linked with Yobo the other day ffs

Yes you would assume so.

But the point still stands, the papers linked us with Negredo and Fer, now its Dyer and McCready.

I wouldn't really read much into that. We were linked with those players before because Moyes had been watching them for however long and there was serious interest on our behalf. Moyes is gone now, and Martinez has only just come to the club. He won't have been spending time over the last x months looking at targets for Everton, so there's no scraps of information for the papers to turn into 'stories'. All there is are his links with Wigan and Whelan's big gob. Hence so far we get linked with the likes of Kone (Whelan spouting off) and Alcaraz (out of contract, we might be getting rid of Heitingha).

I'm sure once Bobby has had his feet under the desk for a while and assessed the squad/met all this staff we'll start to see different rumours flying around.

Or then again the papers might keep on making up b/s 2+2 rumours.

Got you. Have a feeling that Kone will start wheat then turn chaffy

Easy lad, Moyes ain't in charge any more!! :p

I want more Colemans!
Sign us up some totally depressing, unknown Lithuanian 2nd division players for 25k.
I actually really do want more obscure players, like than Azerbaijanian kid that didn't end up playing for us ever at all, in the hope that they become Colemans.

Why do think he'd be a good signing? He couldn't even get in swanseas team consistently.

He played enough, was great at the start of the season too.

Pacy, good crosser and quite direct, works hard too. I would be happy with him. He wouldnt even cost that much by all accounts.

I want more Colemans!
Sign us up some totally depressing, unknown Lithuanian 2nd division players for 25k.
I actually really do want more obscure players, like than Azerbaijanian kid that didn't end up playing for us ever at all, in the hope that they become Colemans.

There's a great thread on here when we signed coleman full of fume and outrage and about how we'd never see him aagain, actually.

the more I think about it then the more it seems to make sense that if Martinez knows he has money he should hold onto most of it till he has seen the entire squad in action. if he has been watching us then the need for any player who puts the ball onto the toe of a striker in front of goal must have leapt out, other than that the answers in certain areas maybe are in an underused squad. whether he makes his mind up over pre-season games or during the season paying for someone that means Barkley or one of the other youngsters ends up wasting their time here could be a waste of money. a few journeymen for cheap to bolster positions in the squad but not make talented younger players feel like they won't get a chance is boring but wise. and if Barkley starts battering teams under Martinez then I am willing to forget we didn't spend 15 mill on him

He is the ringer for fella who makes all the sound effects noises,in police acedamy films!

Am I the only one who thinks Dyer would be a good signing then?

Nope, I was really excited when I saw that. He's not amazing but he's got decent skill and he's fast as fvck. With Baines/dyer on the left and mirallas/coleman on the right, we would probably have the fastest wide players in the league

Nope, I was really excited when I saw that. He's not amazing but he's got decent skill and he's fast as fvck. With Baines/dyer on the left and mirallas/coleman on the right, we would probably have the fastest wide players in the league

Fastest wide players who can't cross a ball. Mirallas isn't a winger and Dyer really is dire.

I think the one thing that is making it worse, is seeing rivals (Swansea, Norwich etc) splash cash or get linked with quality players who would get into our starting XI hands down.

Last edited:
i think moyes was at his optimum limits with the wage structure and players.
some of the less well payed have left leaving a few spaces for squad players .
the increase in tv money means we can offer a few improved contract offers (baines for eg) and a slightly better pay/quality of squad player than those who have left ~(neville mucha hitzelberger ).
but the marquee bank busting buys just aint gonna happen unless someone goes from the top of our squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.