Old Everton Pictures

zp_PA-582930_494__1631.jpg

...I think that's Clyde Best, once saw him score the most incredible goal at Goodison, one of the best I've witnessed at the Old Lady.

...I think that's Clyde Best, once saw him score the most incredible goal at Goodison, one of the best I've witnessed at the Old Lady.
One of my first games as a nipper that Eggs,got a vague recollection of him picking the ball up on the halfway line Main Stand side before slaloming his way to the Street End and coolly slotting(I may have totally got this wrong as I was only 5 or 6 at the time!)As an aside my favourite non EFC goal at the Old Lady was Macari with an overhead kick from the corner of the box at the Park End in about 1975/76ish!

One of my first games as a nipper that Eggs,got a vague recollection of him picking the ball up on the halfway line Main Stand side before slaloming his way to the Street End and coolly slotting(I may have totally got this wrong as I was only 5 or 6 at the time!)As an aside my favourite non EFC goal at the Old Lady was Macari with an overhead kick from the corner of the box at the Park End in about 1975/76ish!

.....similar to my recollection, Dario, but I was a bit older. Got the ball near the dug out and took it down the touchline towards Gwladys St, cut inside beat a few more in the box and slotted. Yep, that Macari goal was great.

.....similar to my recollection, Dario, but I was a bit older. Got the ball near the dug out and took it down the touchline towards Gwladys St, cut inside beat a few more in the box and slotted. Yep, that Macari goal was great.
Great goals mate,pity there wasn't the wall to wall coverage of the game back then,it would shut the SKY lot up with their Beckham from the half way line best goal ever rubbish(Ronnie Goodlass did the same anyhow!)or then again it may well have been better way back when!

Great goals mate,pity there wasn't the wall to wall coverage of the game back then,it would shut the SKY lot up with their Beckham from the half way line best goal ever rubbish(Ronnie Goodlass did the same anyhow!)or then again it may well have been better way back when!

There is a video knocking around somewhere of the Ronnie Goodlass goal against W. Ham. Not great quality but its out there.

Labone always said that the only time Catterick would don a tracksuit was when the Press were visiting.
The Catt didn't have much time for the media which is part of the job nowadays, I tried to get his autograph a few times,which didn't happen, anyone out there who did ?

here it is. I always remember it as further back.

.....Ronnie was at the same school as me but a few years older. I remember going to watch him play for England Schoolboys and being awarded his international cap on the school stage. That international pedigree was significant in those days as there were no academy's and school football took precedent. Good lad, Ronnie and a classy left winger.