Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
in your post you seem to suggest going down is a better option than hiring Allardyce. There is no guarantee he will keep us up but he does have a record of doing so. No 'top' manager will come to Everton atm considering the position we are in but also how poor our squad is. We tried to get Silva but that hasn't worked out. What did people expect next? Give it to Unsworth till the end of the season? Give it to Martin O'Neil?.

I understand mate. All perfectly valid points.

What really worries me is that if it’s form we are hiring on then this is set for disaster.

We hired Koeman based on form, signed a director of football signed players based on form, what could go wrong? But everything has gone badly wrong.

Hiring the premier leagues mr fixit based on form and expecting anything different than more disaster is giving the man too much credit.

I honestly think we are going down. I just don’t want allardyce to oversee it. I don’t see what he could possibly do to change things I’m really sorry.

How do you conclude - given you're club is 4 points away from 9th place and we've played 13 games - that you need some walloper like Allardyce and his string of cronies stinking up the club in order to survive?

It has to be the biggest kneejerk I've seen with Everton and possibly any other club with pretensions to being seen as top club again. No club employing him are anything other than pony outfits.

I refuse to believe this will happen. They're going to come out and say "Ha Ha, GOT YER!" and then reveal the real manager.

25 games and 75 points to play for yet the big red button has been pressed. Even with our terrible defense, and well drilled half decent manager could have sorted that out, why go to such desperate lengths so early?

Joke of epic proportions. The worrying thing is that Goodison is going to be toxic

Mate it's the damage he does to the club it's not just as he's fat Sam. Kiss goodbye to all our youngsters Barkley etc
Mate Barkley is gone and I doubt anyone is too interested at this point in any of the other kids. They are all 2 or 3 years away from being poached and that is if they are good enough. At the moment I'm not sure any are good enough for us never mind the top 6.

The past 6 months have battered me into a state of complete acceptance that someone that keeps us up is the priority.

Everton FC. Destroying supporters since 1878.

We need calm decision making.

Does Moshiri think there are only two managers in the whole world: Silva and Allardyce?

There's loads of good and available managers if he wants to open that chequebook up.

Allardyce! We're supposed to accept Allardyce was the only game in town?

Need to get ourselves out of the [Poor language removed], we will be the biggest club he has managed, it will be interesting to see what he can do.

Although under whelming I hope we still support the team if not supporting the manager. I conceded he is probably what is needed at the moment, we are in trouble. Just look at the goals conceded column....

How do you conclude - given you're club is 4 points away from 9th place and we've played 13 games - that you need some walloper like Allardyce and his string of cronies stinking up the club in order to survive?

It has to be the biggest kneejerk I've seen with Everton and possibly any other club with pretensions to being seen as top club again. No club employing him are anything other than pony outfits.

I refuse to believe this will happen. They're going to come out and say "Ha Ha, GOT YER!" and then reveal the real manager.
We have been backed into a corner regarding silva. Watford won’t do business, what else are we meant to do? I’m gutted we are considering allardyce anywhere near our club. But alternatively what manager could we get in our predicament?

dave I often agree with you and like what you say .. BUT even you have to admit we are in dire starights and Big Sam will iron us out and keep us up .. which is the most important thing.
Nope. He's a poor manager who'll serve up a load of dire slop and leave us even more destroyed than Koeman left us.

We might only be 4 points away from 9th dave but i'd argue we've been second best in almost every game this season and we're very lucky to have 12 points,
this team is in free fall make no mistake about it, we are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.