2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes he reminds me of a young sharp, before sharpie really kicked it up a notch for us.

The lads you get than either Kane or shearer was before they suddenly found that lethal in front of goal touch. If he gets that he has everything else you'd look for in a striker already and those attributes will just improve with games and age.

He'll flourish under Sam.

He's only 20 ffs, he's been leading the line through this god awful period we've just endured and has played almost every game, he has given absolutely everything he's got and now we are playing with more confidence watch him go, sometimes I really don't know what fans want from some of our players especially the youngsters, we should be supporting and encouraging them not knocking their confidence at every opportunity, you say he is not good enough as a starting Premiership striker, I guarantee apart from the top 6 he would walk into any of the teams.
I actually think you've been a bit unfair to the original poster there mate. I liked both posts but the little bit of yours I highlighted is a bit OTT for where the lad is now. Like all of our young kids, Dominic is actually still a work in progress, as the original poster intimated, who has been thrown in the deep end due to the ineptness of the club we support. To make matters worse he's had little or no support or help from the experienced players around him, but again, that's not his fault. There's been far too much expectation placed on the lad and he's probably had too much game time really given where he is in his career. But again, that's not his fault.

Some of the negative comments on this thread embarrass me at times and so I can understand why you jumped to the lads defence. You'll know I do it often enough myself if you've noticed my posts. But all the original poster did was say it as it is. The lad really isn't ready to be starting most of our games, especially if we have eyes on challenging the top 6, but he will improve and could turn out to be a top English striker. As it is, like most of our kids, he's responding positively to the over exposure he is getting at the moment, which can only auger well for the future. Together with Kenny, he's without doubt the most improved player in our squad and his attitude and willingness to learn/improve his game appear first class.

I actually think you've been a bit unfair to the original poster there mate. I liked both posts but the little bit of yours I highlighted is a bit OTT for where the lad is now. Like all of our young kids, Dominic is actually still a work in progress, as the original poster intimated, who has been thrown in the deep end due to the ineptness of the club we support. To make matters worse he's had little or no support or help from the experienced players around him, but again, that's not his fault. There's been far too much expectation placed on the lad and he's probably had too much game time really given where he is in his career. But again, that's not his fault.

Some of the negative comments on this thread embarrass me at times and so I can understand why you jumped to the lads defence. You'll know I do it often enough myself if you've noticed my posts. But all the original poster did was say it as it is. The lad really isn't ready to be starting most of our games, especially if we have eyes on challenging the top 6, but he will improve and could turn out to be a top English striker. As it is, like most of our kids, he's responding positively to the over exposure he is getting at the moment, which can only auger well for the future. Together with Kenny, he's without doubt the most improved player in our squad and his attitude and willingness to learn/improve his game appear first class.
Fair enough it's all about opinions , remember he's been playing decent in a poor side, as we've improved as a side the last couple of games he has kicked on and was MoM on GOT today, I stick by what I said outwith the usual top six he is good enough IMO but I respect your point of view.

Well done Mr Calvert-Lewin.

It’s been a tough few months for the lad but he’s stayed resolute and seems like his attitude is great.

Today he scored and assisted a goal when we really needed it most. We needed that win today, we are now 10th, and even though there’s only a few points in it really it’s the position that really matters.

Thank you sir. Well done Everton.

Kane couldn't hit a barn door at 20 mate.

He was about 1 in 4 in loans in the championship and league one until he was 21, Lewin is still 20.

Thats true, but those who worked with him at their academy, and in their reserve team always spoke of what a natural goalscorer he was. Clive Allen was raving over him. It wasn't shown at first team level, but they always said he was the best finisher they'd seen.

I'm not sure thats ever been said about Calvert Lewin. In many ways he's more impressive than Kane at 20.

It’s been a pleasure to watch him develop despite the doubters. Like many I have always thought he had the ability to succeed and nothing thus far has suggested he won’t.
Comparisons with Sharp are valid , 12 goals a season and a shed load of assists would be my prediction for his future.

Lot of negative posts about this lad. I find it odd. He set one up and scored one (albeit with a deflection) today. He's frequently been involved in our most positive play this season. He's not the finished article of course. I agree he probably shouldn't have to be the focal point if our attack. But that's the board and Koeman's fault. He's done what's asked of him and given the circumstances done it with aplomb. I sincerely hope he develops into a top player with us.

Your mentioning that he's been involved in most of our positive play this season ? He's a lone striker mate, the focal point of our attacking play, he should be involved. Trouble is... we havnt had hardly any positive play this season and that's because we are playing a player as a lone striker that can't actually do what is required

He's just inconsistent and isn't quite up to dealing with the elite defenders yet. But he was great today. Tons of balls his way, got his head on most of them, and his pace got to balls others wouldn't get. Worked his tail, off, too.

i like his attitude but Shane long has a great attitude and I wouldn't be selecting him for Everton FC

It’s been a pleasure to watch him develop despite the doubters. Like many I have always thought he had the ability to succeed and nothing thus far has suggested he won’t.
Comparisons with Sharp are valid , 12 goals a season and a shed load of assists would be my prediction for his future.

Hmmm, jury is very much still out. I don't think anyone can deny this side would benefit from a quality forward. I still think he'd benefit a lot from being on loan in the Championship. Sadly, he's probably the best we've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.