2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate .... you can't tell me that he would be leading the line every week for any other club in the prem... and incase you noticed we havnt scored goals all season.. last night was the only time we have won comfortably all season

The point I’m making is our success on the pitch shouldn’t be dependent solely on DCL scoring the goals. Sick of hearing it about him now. Yes he needs to work on his finishing but he’s still contributing on the pitch to our good performances.

Very lucky his shot took a deflection and went in yesterday. Good player, with tons of potential. Needs to work on becoming a constant threat, but his workrate is great! He will come good after we get a real senior striker in, and he can get back to focusing on improving himself more than Everton.

The point I’m making is our success on the pitch shouldn’t be dependent solely on DCL scoring the goals. Sick of hearing it about him now. Yes he needs to work on his finishing but he’s still contributing on the pitch to our good performances.
Totally agree! Why can't supporters these days enjoy watching the progression of a player, especially seeing as he's a down to earth kid. We don't have any other options really. Every professional (pundits) that see him play rave about him. I will side with those. Hopefully we will look back on this season as the one he came of age. DCL was bought as back up but he isn't now

Fantastic stats them considering how crap some folk think he is. He is what he Is, a young kid doing his best trying to lead the line for an established premier league club who failed to replace Lukaku. He's going to have some rotten performances because it happens to these kids early in their development but I think if he gets over 10 goals this season he can give himself a big pat on the back as it's another season of excellent development.

We don't have any other options really.
We have an option who vastly outscores DCL in terms of goals per minutes played both at u23 level and in the Premiership this season and last.
I love to see young players get chances and I'm delighted to see DCL slowly improving but it's a travesty he starts ahead of Niasse and points to personality over performance.
Certainly the case with RK and initially with Unsworth who ultimately dropped DCL for the much greater threat Oumar offers.

Yet various top class strikers and centre backs have commented that he's the exact sort of striker that defenders hate playing against as he pulls them into channels and doesn't give then time on the ball.

But Tel on Got reckons he's the opposite laa

Various top class strikers? Like who?

Sick of hearing about him ? Stay out of the DCL thread mate

He’s a young lad thrust into the position of replacing Romelu Lukaku.

Give him a break.

He’s hardly pants.

I can see this being another Barkley thread . So before anyone starts saying I hate DCL I don't . But saying he's good enough to be playing every week is not true IMO and will people stop comparing him to Kane please just as the people that compare ross to lampard,Gerard and scholes... it's not even a remotely accurate comparison

It shouldn't be soleldown to him your right... but he is a striker and needs to be able to finish or hold up the ball to allow others to score. He's not good enough at either yet IMO

We have an option who vastly outscores DCL in terms of goals per minutes played both at u23 level and in the Premiership this season and last.
I love to see young players get chances and I'm delighted to see DCL slowly improving but it's a travesty he starts ahead of Niasse and points to personality over performance.
Certainly the case with RK and initially with Unsworth who ultimately dropped DCL for the much greater threat Oumar offers.
I think it has more to do with Sam not coming in and changing a winning side.

Status
Not open for further replies.