Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we really expect a different ethos
Any new manager to change things in what 10/11 days
Maybe the lift a team gets from a new manager can continue
Park the bus if need be
The team certainly owe us big time
COYFB

We've gone into Derby's with far better players and them with far worse and we've still been battered. At this point it's a mentality thing - the players we pick make no difference, Carragher said as much yesterday after the Man City game.
This mentality thing is so weird, because how do new squads have a fragile Derby mentality, when hardly any of them have been battered. Not even Sam only Jags, Baines and to a small extent Rooney have been in battered Everton teams. It surprises me that about Tottenham too - how repeated squads of players would always have a mental block against Arsenal and against finishing in the top 4

only difference is that this time no one expects us to do anything. There’s been times we’ve gone into derbies and the media and fans have pressured us into playing in a certain way. ‘We need to play to win’ ‘get at their defence’ ‘Show them we’re better’. All it does is make us lambs to the slaughter. Mourinho and Conte both go to Anfield and park the bus because they know that is how you play Liverpool. Hopefully Sam does the same and we wake up Monday to a chorus of bitter moans from them about how we’re ruining football etc.

Mental strength will be key to keeping it respectable IMO. Jags and Baines, in particular, are serial bottlers who are used to failure in this fixture and routinely approach it in a jovial, happy go lucky mindset. Hardly inspirational to your team-mates. That needs to be addressed this week. As has been mentioned, Davies looks a little wild in recent weeks and no doubt this will have been identified by the RS. Expect Henderson to be in his face from the get go. Will need a strong referee to resist the inevitable card waving and crowding antics they will put on once Davies reacts..

This mentality thing is so weird, because how do new squads have a fragile Derby mentality, when hardly any of them have been battered. Not even Sam only Jags, Baines and to a small extent Rooney have been in battered Everton teams. It surprises me that about Tottenham too - how repeated squads of players would always have a mental block against Arsenal and against finishing in the top 4
I think its mind games by carala,if you remember derbies when he and slippy played they were in the ref's ear from the first minute to the last and their bench is the same.We need our players and bench to be like this on Sunday dispute every single decision even if its the most blatant foul you've ever seen, how many times have we saw decisions go against us when we play this shower,too many to mention!!!! I'm not looking forward to it but they can be beaten, were due a win there and this curse cant last forever.COYMBB

Mental strength will be key to keeping it respectable IMO. Jags and Baines, in particular, are serial bottlers who are used to failure in this fixture and routinely approach it in a jovial, happy go lucky mindset. Hardly inspirational to your team-mates. That needs to be addressed this week. As has been mentioned, Davies looks a little wild in recent weeks and no doubt this will have been identified by the RS. Expect Henderson to be in his face from the get go. Will need a strong referee to resist the inevitable card waving and crowding antics they will put on once Davies reacts..

I was just thinking the other day that we haven't had Jon Moss for a while...

I think its mind games by carala,if you remember derbies when he and slippy played they were in the ref's ear from the first minute to the last and their bench is the same.We need our players and bench to be like this on Sunday dispute every single decision even if its the most blatant foul you've ever seen, how many times have we saw decisions go against us when we play this shower,too many to mention!!!! I'm not looking forward to it but they can be beaten, were due a win there and this curse cant last forever.COYMBB

That's true that
It's even true when we get fouled on the pitch or something happens - our players should all be supporting each other and fighting our cause (short of getting booked or sent off!) but sometimes i notice when our players are injured or treated badly, none of our players go and check or support him. Now with Rooney that's different, Jags and Baines are crap at that, Pickford seems like he'd be ok, but we need more vocal players. I think only Davies, DCL, Kenny will show that in the future as they gain confidence, Wiliams shouldn't bother because he's got no credibility. Fighting or winning mentality is won on the bench and in the crowd i suppose

Any of Atkinson Moss Mason Taylor or Probert in charge and we may as well not even turn up.

Yep.

I mean, they could appoint Duncan Ferguson himself as ref and it probably wouldn't be enough, but at least you'd expect Oliver or someone to try and be fair rather than just go with the crowd as those you've mentioned would.

Status
Not open for further replies.