Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are gonna get mutilated

I can't see a scenario where we win. Just gotta hope for a goal or 2 from a set piece (which we don't normally get many of - you generally have to be in the other team's half), and then absolute backs to the wall defending.

It's precisely that gameplan that has seen us flop over the years.

Nah, Martinez taking a half fit team to Anfield asking Alcaraz and Jagielka to play a high line and us to play tippy tappy against Suarez Sturridge Sterling Coutinho was probably the most suicudal tactics I’ve ever seen at Anfield. Mind you his effort there two years later wasn’t much better.

It'll be about protecting Rooney if we want any chance of winning.

I expect they will flood the centre of the park and look to stifle Rooney. If they do and in addition fly at us with pace then I really worry.

Calvert-Lewin needs to have the game of his life- much like he did against City this season. Up top on his own, he's got to react to the side of the pitch which we are clearing are lines from and try and hold it.

Throw in Siggy's set pieces and Idrissa / Davies giving us legs and I think we can really upset the odds.

Who am I kidding? 4-0 Kopites.

On paper they’re better than us, so they should be the eye watering amount they’ve spent. Despite that this Liverpool team has won F all because they’re a bunch of bottle artists. Lesser sides than us have gone to Anfield and won so although it’s not probable it’s possie. Stay deep, don’t give them possession in our final third and they will give you a chance. If we lose because Coutinho hits a wotldievthen fair enough. If we lose because we get done pouring forward and their keeper hoofs one go Salah past our defence then that is completely avoidable. They’re at home, make them break us down. If we keep them out they will give us a chance at some point.
Lad they are better on paper and off paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.