2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re a sensible poster so I’m surprised by the “hes costs us £20m” stance.

I keep seeing people post it but when challenged no one can actually explain how he has cost us this money.

Are you of the view that he turned down Chelsea in the summer to hold out for a Spurs move in January ? Because that’s the only situation where he could have cost us money.

I don't think it's far fetched to think that Chelsea decided to tell Ross to hold off till Jan so they could get him cheaper, especially if they knew Ross wasn't going to be able to play until the new year

If Ross were to be complicit in that ruse, then he would have effectively cost us money

Said it all along with Ross, if he wanted to go and do right by Everton, he could have signed a new contract a year ago, and still got his transfer to another club, they'd have just had to pay the going rate.

How do you figure that ? He’s now available for £15m and only one clubs come in for him...

Suggesting no one wanted to pay top dollar for him.

If you want to leave a club you don’t sign a new contract and raise your value by about 300% !

Glad this saga is coming to an end, I will forget him instantly and I may sound bitter but I can't wish him well the way he has treated us,it's all fine wanting out but he had never really come out and said his reasons and what the situation was. He's just going to wimp away to London and steal a wage, I'll be very surprised to see him getting much playing time there, but that's not our problem. We haven't seen him playing for so long so he will easily be forgotten, at this stage we are luvky to get £15 million for him, let's move on now.

I don't think it's far fetched to think that Chelsea decided to tell Ross to hold off till Jan so they could get him cheaper, especially if they knew Ross wasn't going to be able to play until the new year

Yes logic suggest that’s the most likely case, meaning we lost no money as they had no intention of spending £35m on him to begin with.

It's a sad story. The agents triumph again.

At least we've offloaded someone who was a problem.

Onward and upward, or sideways, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.