2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends if they were scared that Spurs would have him if they didn't move quickly. Players have been bought when injured before and nothing came out of Chelsea saying they were the ones that pulled out of it due to medical reasons.

And that's the thing mate, Moshiri says one thing, Barkley another, at the end of the day none of us know anything about what went on, and we probably never will.

...at which point we'd hired a manager who's main aim seemed to be to alienate Barkley.

But it wasn't, was it?

Koeman was blunt and I get the criticism and to an extent agree with some of it.

But Ross played 39 games in all comps last season. We only played 41.

He started every game in all competitions from the 10th of December 2016 right until the final day against Arsenal, when he was on the bench.

From January through to March - when he played as the right forward in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, he was superb and played his best football since his breakthrough season.

He wasn't being alienated as much as he simply wasn't signing the contract on offer, so in the summer we had to look for alternatives. Ultimately those alternatives haven't worked out as hoped and Ross has been badly missed. He's a quality player and will continue to be missed when he leaves.

He was injured on the 14th of August, the £35m Transfer to Chelsea that never happened was at the close of the window.

All I can say is good luck to the lad, hope he goes on to be one of the best.

I agree in the sense that I want him to match his talent.

But, he's snaked us here hard Lou.

£20m this has cost us.

My main worry is that the injury he has has all-but ended him in terms of his turn of pace. A hamstring injury like that is severe. If Chelsea push him too far too quickly, it could go all together, and he'll be the next Rodwell.

£20m this has cost us.

My main worry is that the injury he has has all-but ended him in terms of his turn of pace. A hamstring injury like that is severe. If Chelsea push him too far too quickly, it could go all together, and he'll be the next Rodwell.
How has he snaked us out of £20 million if he clearly wouldn’t pass a medical.

Ignore all the bluster & look at it logically Chelsea no way would pay is £35 million for an injured player out until the next window.

£20m this has cost us.

You’re a sensible poster so I’m surprised by the “hes costs us £20m” stance.

I keep seeing people post it but when challenged no one can actually explain how he has cost us this money.

Are you of the view that he turned down Chelsea in the summer to hold out for a Spurs move in January ? Because that’s the only situation where he could have cost us money.

Koeman's fault. Even though he played him all year, made him captain, and now hasn't been at the club for 2 months.

Said it all along with Ross, if he wanted to go and do right by Everton, he could have signed a new contract a year ago, and still got his transfer to another club, they'd have just had to pay the going rate. Instead, Ross and agent get tidy signing on fee, and Everton get the bare minimum.

Loved Ross as a player, but pure selfish, snide way he's gone about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.