2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its already been confirmed by the club that morshiri's put over £150 million into the club so far of his own money and has converted it into equity already. Something both the city and chelsea owners have done. Except that it took the chelsea owner 9 years to convert his from a loan to equity.

If we had shown the ambition you wanted we would of gotten silva from Watford in and be in a bigger mess then after the Southampton game. We were conceding a minimum of two goals a game. We didnt need a manager thats all attack and cant defend. We needed a manager who could sort out a defence. We got what we needed. Having "ambition" as you liked to call it probably would of gotten us relagated.
Stop talking rot. Silva almost saved Hull and have just been a bit unlucky recently.

At least Rooney and Jeffers allowed the club to sell them for fair prices at the time. They did not run down their contracts till the final 6 months.

Or the club knew they had to sell to get the best price for them at that stage. They should have done the same with Barkley but sat back and watch while they knew he was running it down. Chelsea were never going to fork out 35m for an injured player they could buy in January once it become known that Spurs weren't in for him. Club shares responsibility here.

They're getting Barkley over the line in 24 hours and we're still struggling to sign a lad that had a farewell match for Besiktas in 2017.

I'll take their way of doing it

I'm not talking about how they do their transfers mate, we've always been a joke so not surprising.

Just stating that Conte is a knobhead that was all ;)

The joke is on the fans who believe loyalty still exists in football.

Barkley, or any other player, would never turn around to a better team than us and say, 'Go on, just pay for me now so Everton get a better fee for me'. It's absolute nonsense. This is a business.

Disappointed he's going. He probably looks at Stones now with City and thinks 'that should be me'. Can't really blame him.

It's very hard for us fans (myself included) to accept the situation as we'd all give anything to have the ability he has and play for Everton. I can only imagine that players eventually just become very detached from things such as their childhood club. I guess it really is just a job for most of them.

Its weird that a professional footballer coming back from injury could do so much damage in pre-season training
Is he not very bright?

Think it more likely Levy is the one who has walked, or rather balked on the risk of wasting money if Ross didn't recover properly from his injury.

TBH, I am surprised that either club are taking that risk when they can get him for free in 6 months time. I'm thinking that Chelsea have decided to take the plunge because maybe they realise that, if it came to a straight choice in the summer then Barkley would probably pick Spurs.

As far as Barkley is concerned, I suspect he still harbours plans to play at the summer world cup and, having decided he's played his last game for us, realised that he didn't have any other options. If it wasn't for the world cup I'm starting to believe he was quite prepared to wait it out until the summer when we wouldn't have got a penny for him.

I'd love to know what's gone on in his head to turn him against the club so much, because even his biggest fan (and I've been a massive defender of Ross over the years) would find it difficult to welcome him back to Goodison after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.