New Everton Stadium Discussion

Honest to god, dont remember that. Seemed far more complete as well. Other than the concourses that were bare breeze block. In my defence, I was hosting taking a few lads on a corporate do, so drink may had been taken.

I do remember the WRFU had a goat on the pitch during the build up mind.

It's still bare breeze blocks, bar from a few small bits painted here and there. The goat is the regimental mascot the Royal Welsh, he gets rolled out for most games ;)

That Journo who did The Times piece seems to be their culture correspondent btw.

Probably loves wasteland docks.
When the original plans for Liverpool Waters went to get outline planning permission Martin Samuel , who was then Chief Sports writer for The Mail , wrote an article against it .
The Guardian wrote that "It gives the green light for the bulldozers to move in"
The people behind "Time Team" were aghast and now this fella from The Times pipes up.
It's almost as if their is some sort of conspiracy against Liverpool having an iconic waterfront , thousands of jobs and billions invested.
:blush:

I'm sure eventually a compromise will be forthcoming. The LW Project will have to be re-thought, and the likes of Anderson now bowing and scraping to UNESCO after his bravado about the WHS suggests it'll be significant enough to get the thumbs up. Maybe that was the idea all the way through: shoot for the stars in terms of scale and then throttle back to retain the waterfront's WHS?

That will delay matters, though, and it can only add to cost in terms of materials and possibly the way the stadium will have to be designed to fit in with the environment. I'd be concerned about cost. I do hope the club wont be taken beyond what is reasonable financially speaking in order to act as an anchor for a wider redevelopment. Our priority is Everton not Peel's fortune or Joe Anderson's legacy.
For the boys involved it’s a 2 way win win
They and their associates make money , Kronke gets a bloody nose and hit in the pocket and the boys get the ego boost and the kudos.
Everton get a shiny new stadium by the water that WONT be allowed put a financial strain on the club

I’m not going to pretend I know how important it is or isn’t to the city, but we can’t let the past define our future as a city. I want a council to hold that view, too.
You'll get no arguments from me on that. My point is only that you cant ignore these organisations (or expect the council to ignore them). They have a lot of influence over what can or cant happen in this development. I've seen others here post stuff that minimises the danger to the scheme that they represent (encouraged by the attitude of that beaut Anderson it has to be said). But as you can see, they can make life very difficult.

For the boys involved it’s a 2 way win win
They and their associates make money , Kronke gets a bloody nose and hit in the pocket and the boys get the ego boost and the kudos.
Everton get a shiny new stadium by the water that WONT be allowed put a financial strain on the club
Unfortunately, I see no evidence of that in anything I've read so far. Everton will be stretched by this if it goes ahead; the club's assets are on the line.

Unfortunately, I see no evidence of that in anything I've read so far. Everton will be stretched by this if it goes ahead; the club's assets are on the line.
This is an ego trip for Usmanov
He wants the kudos of owning a top premiership club in a new stadium
He will want to show Kronke what he missed out on by not letting Usmanov play with his train set , so he bought Bills.
USM Finch Farm says it all for me.
As far as I know the only training ground in the PL that sold its naming rights