New Everton Stadium Discussion

I would like to see the regulations as I doubt there is much in it so far bigger structure is a bit of an overstatement imho. Seeing ours would be 15k less it still is not going to be anywhere near as tall as the millennium so the views should be as good.

In the 1990's the minimum depth for seating was 610mm it is now 850mm. That isn't the only problem to get decent 'C' values which determine how good the view is. Then the further back you go from the pitch the higher the seat has to be in comparison to the seat in front. That means you now need a bigger Stadium for the same number of seats. Add on 15 to 20k of seats and the costs spiral.

The main stand was the oldest part of the stadium so I guess they would have expanded the width and legroom a bit, just like we would do at Goodison if we had to redevelop as they were built at a time when people were smaller. However the Millennium is fairly recent build, holds a 4 star UEFA category and has had a CL final. Sure the seats are probably not as wide as Wembley but I bet they would still pass current regs.

I have no idea if they do, but like you say, it hosts some pretty big matches. Recent? I went to the very first match there. 30K capacity, (part of the safety stuff), and without checking, I reckon its 20 years old, there abouts.

edit.

Not far off!

The Millennium Stadium opened in June 1999[5] and its first major event was an international rugby union match on 26 June 1999, when Wales beat South Africa in a test match by 29–19 before a crowd of 29,000.

So this Desired State of Conservation Report has been signed off on by the council and now it goes to UNESCO's World heritage Committee to try and persuade them to take the site off its endangered status list, and this is held in July. It's not hard to imagine that getting punted back to the council and Government for further amendments and back again to UNESCO. That will all put PP back and the securing of funds with an uphill battle.

I think it's extremely optimistic to believe that this time next year we'll see a project underway.

I have no idea if they do, but like you say, it hosts some pretty big matches. Recent? I went to the very first match there. 30K capacity, (part of the safety stuff), and without checking, I reckon its 20 years old, there abouts.

edit.

Not far off!

The Millennium Stadium opened in June 1999[5] and its first major event was an international rugby union match on 26 June 1999, when Wales beat South Africa in a test match by 29–19 before a crowd of 29,000.

I went to the first football match there and have been lots of times since. Yes it is getting on for 20 years but still modern-ish. I've been in the Cardiff City Stadium not that long ago and the seats are no better than at the millennium and that is 10 years newer.

So this Desired State of Conservation Report has been signed off on by the council and now it goes to UNESCO's World heritage Committee to try and persuade them to take the site off its endangered status list, and this is held in July. It's not hard to imagine that getting punted back to the council and Government for further amendments and back again to UNESCO. That will all put PP back and the securing of funds with an uphill battle.

I think it's extremely optimistic to believe that this time next year we'll see a project underway.

I may be extremely optimistic, but I dont think the ground is, or will be, the issue in all this.

I may be extremely optimistic, but I dont think the ground is, or will be, the issue in all this.
Maybe not, but the development comes as a whole; there cant be any start for that when a question mark hovers over the Liverpool Waters development.

Maybe not, but the development comes as a whole; there cant be any start for that when a question mark hovers over the Liverpool Waters development.

Its a question mark that can be easily rubbed out. But if LCC or UNESCO dig their heels in Liverpool will be left with a derelict dock land, but a certificate.

Oh and 000s of Asians and Mericans who apparently plan their world tours on a WHS website.

Place your bets.

The ground will be unlikely to be an issue. It is the surrounding project that will put the UNESCO status in doubt. The thing is they are intrinsically linked. Which brings up the main problem the loan that the council is from the Public Works Loan Board which became part of the treasury under the 2011 Public bodies act. The loans are for Capital projects that benefit the public.

If the BMD is part of a regeneration of the area then you can make a case for it benefiting the public. However a stand-alone Stadium would just be seen as a private company receiving a subsidised loan.

The ground will be unlikely to be an issue. It is the surrounding project that will put the UNESCO status in doubt. The thing is they are intrinsically linked. Which brings up the main problem the loan that the council is from the Public Works Loan Board which became part of the treasury under the 2011 Public bodies act. The loans are for Capital projects that benefit the public.

If the BMD is part of a regeneration of the area then you can make a case for it benefiting the public. However a stand-alone Stadium would just be seen as a private company receiving a subsidised loan.

Quite, which is why I and others reckon this has all been sorted out probably a while ago. Motions being gone though imo.

A compromise will be less massive towers further to the south of the ground, or if that cant be juggled with other parties, WHS status being binned.