New Everton Stadium Discussion

Currently we average 39k at Goodison with bargain basement ticket prices that mean we generate only £14m a season from match day income. Surely we would need regular CL Football and to be winning things just to fill a 60k stadium at meaningful ticket prices of around £40-£50 a game. Adding 10 to 20k to a 60k Stadium is horrendously expensive unless it is through safe standing.
We only get one chance at this stadium and you are future proofing the next 100 years of the club. Do it now when the money and the will is there, this sort of opportunity may not arrive again.

Its a question mark that can be easily rubbed out. But if LCC or UNESCO dig their heels in Liverpool will be left with a derelict dock land, but a certificate.

Oh and 000s of Asians and Mericans who apparently plan their world tours on a WHS website.

Place your bets.

I'm sure eventually a compromise will be forthcoming. The LW Project will have to be re-thought, and the likes of Anderson now bowing and scraping to UNESCO after his bravado about the WHS suggests it'll be significant enough to get the thumbs up. Maybe that was the idea all the way through: shoot for the stars in terms of scale and then throttle back to retain the waterfront's WHS?

That will delay matters, though, and it can only add to cost in terms of materials and possibly the way the stadium will have to be designed to fit in with the environment. I'd be concerned about cost. I do hope the club wont be taken beyond what is reasonable financially speaking in order to act as an anchor for a wider redevelopment. Our priority is Everton not Peel's fortune or Joe Anderson's legacy.

As said, I have no concern with WHS status. It seems to me that the city's heritage is well secured in any cases - both in terms of dockland buildings and places like William Brown Street where the museum/art gallery/old magistrates court/St Georges Hall are pretty impressive; and the city is only second to London in terms of Georgian buildings preserved.

My point on this UNESCO stuff is that it's an obstacle. A big one. And others have sought, in their haste to get to the first spade in the ground stage, to downplay this problem.
Got a birthday gift recently of a print of the Liverpool waterfront. An area definitely deserving of it’s iconic status in the UK. And then you pick out the Pier Head and the Museum of Liverpool building.

UNESCO isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Got a birthday gift recently of a print of the Liverpool waterfront. An area definitely deserving of it’s iconic status in the UK. And then you pick out the Pier Head and the Museum of Liverpool building.

UNESCO isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
Print these off...

1.jpg
St_George%27s_Hall%2C_Liverpool_%282007%29.jpg

lol:bye:

I was right at the top, and it felt you pop the ball into the scrum. Amazing, even with only 30000 in it.

Nice to be part of history, first game at the stadium and also the first time Wales beat the springboks! Amazing how they finished it on time for the world cup a few months later. If I remember correctly it had four towers on the inside constructed to hold up the roof which still had plenty of gaps in it.

Nice to be part of history, first game at the stadium and also the first time Wales beat the springboks! Amazing how they finished it on time for the world cup a few months later. If I remember correctly it had four towers on the inside constructed to hold up the roof which still had plenty of gaps in it.

Dont remember seeing any, other than some at the end backing on to the old Arms Park, or Cardiff Rugby, ground. Assumed they were part of the design.

In the 1990's the minimum depth for seating was 610mm it is now 850mm. That isn't the only problem to get decent 'C' values which determine how good the view is. Then the further back you go from the pitch the higher the seat has to be in comparison to the seat in front. That means you now need a bigger Stadium for the same number of seats. Add on 15 to 20k of seats and the costs spiral.
No, you said the costs double. Not spiral. Which is completely insane. Could it cost 50% more? Sure. But that's 15-20K more each game. It's already been said, but the club gaining revenues on everything from luxury suites, naming rights, to revenue from amenities before and after the game in the surrounding area, as well as a better location for tourism and other things, I mean, say it's 150M more. What's the debt service costs on that amount per year? A HECK of a lot less than the revenue increases on that extra 150M investment. So the idea that a 45K stadium makes more sense than a 60K stadium is just silly.