Are you worried?

Are you concerned heading into the new season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't we just stick with Allardyce then? He can provide solidity and a foundation. Seems like Brands and Silva have the same problem of finding suitable players just like Walsh and Sam had.

I'm not advocating Allardyve for the job, just putting up a question to your solution.

No he cannot. He underachieved last year and isn't anywhere near the manager Silva is.

Honestly lads, a CB and a LB of first 11 quality is all we need for now.

The midfield can be addressed in Jan or next summer.

I’ll only be worried if we don’t bring in a CB and a LB.

CM has to be addressed now wonder why we don’t win enough away games the answer is the middle of the park.

CM has to be addressed now wonder why we don’t win enough away games the answer is the middle of the park.
Exactly. Our CBs fall short of the standard we need, but last season they were under a microscope because of how horrible Schneids and Davies were. Gana was between serviceable and pretty decent depending on how you rate him. But you cannot argue how gash Schneids and Davies were, which was the most glaring issue we had last season.

I like Gana, but he's a harrier, a 'breaker-upperer' of opponents play, not a creator of our play (can't pass a ball properly). Davies?...had a Betty Crocker of a season and I'm more than a little sceptical about his abilities. The Frenchman is awful. Our CBs are beyond awful.

Looking forward to the season...

Honestly lads, a CB and a LB of first 11 quality is all we need for now.

The midfield can be addressed in Jan or next summer.

I’ll only be worried if we don’t bring in a CB and a LB.

I'd say a CB and CM are required before the end of the window mate, I'm taking it for granted that Digne is signing at this point. A good centre back and a midfielder who can actually play a bit are vital. Someone like Drinkwater or RLC on loan would do for me (though if its the latter I'd rather a permanent deal).

Not worried.

Fans should not be allowed to watch pre season games or read results. They mean very little, not a notable trophy is won in pre season and not a single league point is awarded for pre season.

After ten games into the season is the time to start to see how things are progressing.

Not worried.

Fans should not be allowed to watch pre season games or read results. They mean very little, not a notable trophy is won in pre season and not a single league point is awarded for pre season.

After ten games into the season is the time to start to see how things are progressing.
10 games in and we could already be in a relegation fight..... or not..... or could.... or not.... who needs this thread just rinse and repeat my comments here....

Ive just had a thought, I was going to change my twitter header, for no real reason other than I was bored and I was pondering what to change it to.

Anyway, long story short, I cant think of a single player I want to put on it, sure its clearly a small thing, but as far as back as I can recall, we have had loads of players I would have considered, but honestly im struggling to pick a single player.

I mean sure I like Jags, who is my current pic, I like Baines, but both are nearing the end and honestly if both see serious game time this season I feel for us, I like Besic, but its likely he will be sold and then theres players I consider good players, but I just dont connect with them yet, yano? Iceland, Rico, Walcott, Coleman, Digne.

Its not a moan post, I just wonder if its just me? I mean as I say, I look back and I could always find somebody to "cling to", but this current bunch, nada.

Anyway, COYB.

Ive just had a thought, I was going to change my twitter header, for no real reason other than I was bored and I was pondering what to change it to.

Anyway, long story short, I cant think of a single player I want to put on it, sure its clearly a small thing, but as far as back as I can recall, we have had loads of players I would have considered, but honestly im struggling to pick a single player.

I mean sure I like Jags, who is my current pic, I like Baines, but both are nearing the end and honestly if both see serious game time this season I feel for us, I like Besic, but its likely he will be sold and then theres players I consider good players, but I just dont connect with them yet, yano? Iceland, Rico, Walcott, Coleman, Digne.

Its not a moan post, I just wonder if its just me? I mean as I say, I look back and I could always find somebody to "cling to", but this current bunch, nada.

Anyway, COYB.

Niasse?

Status
Not open for further replies.