• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva is a good coach. I'm convinced of that. If he fails to prove that in the next 12 months then it's him who's to blame; but I think we were flying before Pickford's derby calamity, and he doesn't function as a pillar of security for us to play out from, as all good GKs do.
How do you think he compares to Martinez? Genuine question

Silva needs a convincing win I think to show any proof that the players are willing to play for him. Otherwise it has got to be taxi time for the lad sooner rather than later. Like the old saying goes about flogging a dead horse.

Plenty of difficult home games coming up mate, Wolves, Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and the RS, they will be the test.

The likes of Myhre and Wright may bahe been limited but they could be counted on to do the simple things like actually come for the ball and get shut when need be. I'm not making a case for them - they were same level as Pickford - but Pickford is way below even Howard.
Myhre was a better GK than Pickford. He was half decent. Pickford is some way down the GKs I've seen at he club. The first, chronologically, for me was George Wood, and he was a better GK than Pickford too.
Silva is a good coach. I'm convinced of that. If he fails to prove that in the next 12 months then it's him who's to blame; but I think we were flying before Pickford's derby calamity, and he doesn't function as a pillar of security for us to play out from, as all good GKs do.
Nope. I'm consistent. He's talented but is making errors. However those errors have context to them. He needs time basically. This time next season we have to be top 7.

Please use multi-quote.

You make good points. However for 40m (thought it was more) I'd expect him to have a better touch than he is showing. Loses ball easier than should and falls over a lot. I'm skeptical with regards to the coaching ability of Silva to improve him long term. I doubt we would get back what we paid for him at present. Maybe it's cos he has been moved to striker, I dunno. Just doesn't seem the marquee signing we would expect at that price. Same goes for Siggy. I'm probably wrong here but both seem like decent players that we overpaid for, that's all I'm saying...

Aye, we did overpay.

But that's the state of the market.

We paid £18m for Digne. So you get value elsewhere if you're smart and it cancels out.

Plus, Richarlison's wages will have been - relatively - low.

Its the small victories for a club who's highest honour is winning the second division, over 20 years ago.

Then again they have won the Southern Football League, while we've never been able to so that's fair enough.

1548096026899.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.