Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
That maybe ?

Well, there are few better people to ask than Tim Vickery, a bonafide bastion of South American football knowledge who loves nothing more than to spot a diamond in the rough.

Speaking to Hawksbee and Jacobs on talkSPORT (5 June, 3.30pm), he has told Everton fans what to expect from Marcel Brands’s latest rising star.
“I like him a lot. He sits in front of the back four, he’s tall, he’s commanding, he’s got a terrific pass. Defensively, I’m not sure about him and he’s also only had four first-team games when River Plate have fielded under-strength sides,” Vickery said.
“So he’s not even bedded in yet as a senior player in Argentine football. Which means that, if he moves to Everton, there’s a player there but certainly one for the future.”

Argentinian newspaper Ole claimed earlier this week that Everton have reached an agreement to sign Sosa for a fee of around £13 million with Copa Libertadores winners River Plate expected to cash in on the coveted young midfielder.
Everton are now awaiting a work permit.

Oh ffs, if Vickery likes him then he'll end up as a carthorse

I also read that Sosa's dad & agent were in London for the work permit (which I didn't believe)

However, have just been told that the permit is sorted and he arrives Sunday. WTF? Believe it when I see it

If true we should organise a work permit party for the first ever successful WP application by us!

Status
Not open for further replies.