Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect a lot of departures this week, the squad cut and separated with U23 promoted.

Next week, we have some international players returning so hopefully more permanent out with fees.
It will be interesting to see if silva is cut throat again and insists on the dead wood training away from the first team, and if so who will be among that group, eg McCarthy?

......Tuesday’s Toffee transfer columns are a bit busier, here’s a round-up of what’s being said this morning;

- Star report Galatasaray are close to announcing Henry Onyekuru’s stay at the club after agreeing personal terms with the winger. The article suggests they have offered Everton £1m for a season long loan and are awaiting a response from the Toffees. Meanwhile, Posta say Galatasaray are also interested in a loan deal for Juventus striker, Moise Kean, but face competition from Everton for the 19 year olds signature.

- According to 4th Official, Valencia forward, Rodrigo Moreno, is keen on returning to England and Everton are one of a number of clubs on alert. £30m could be enough to land the 28 year old who scored 25 goals in 51 games but flopped during a loan spell at Bolton in 2010/11.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton’s 23 year old defender, Brendan Galloway, is expected to be re-United with Toffees former assistant manager, Graeme Jones, and join Luton Town on a free transfer this week.

- Yacine Brahimi is a free agent after leaving Porto and A Bola report the 29 year old striker is on the verge of joining Arsenal after being linked to Everton and Wolves.

- Sport Witness suggest Lille want £25m for forward, Rafael Leao, this summer. The 20 year old is apparently on Everton’s shortlist, although Valencia see themselves as front runners.

- Lazio are interested in Everton’s Turkish striker, Cenk Tosun, should Felipe Caicedo leave this summer say Corriere dello Sport.

- The Liverpool Echo report attacker Che Adams has joined Southampton from Birmingham despite interest from Everton in the 22 year old.

- The Echo also say 20 year old Everton midfielder, Jack Kiersey, has joined Walsall, whilst young Toffee’s goalkeeper, Joe Hilton has signed a 2 year deal with Blackburn Rovers.

- According to AS, Malcom is expected to be part of Barcelona’s summer overhaul and Everton could re-ignite their interest in the 22 year old Brazilian forward.

- Goal continue to report Everton will have to pay £30m to secure defender, Kurt Zouma, whilst Sky say Frank Lampard could complete his move to the Chelsea manager post today.

- Algameen Dagblad suggest Ajax are yet to receive an offer for winger David Neres this summer and the Brazilian could remain at the club.

I genuinely hate Turkish clubs you know. How about they put their hands in their pockets and buy a damn player every once in a while.

Remember when they wouldn't pay 2m for yobo so we ended up loaning him to them till his contract ran out.

I genuinely hate Turkish clubs you know. How about they put their hands in their pockets and buy a damn player every once in a while.

Remember when they wouldn't pay 2m for yobo so we ended up loaning him to them till his contract ran out.

It is annoying but I can't help but feel we are to blame. If we just said no, or drove a harder bargain, it would not happen.

Well our good run coincided with him starting whereas our poor form before New Year was when he wasn’t in the team so...

As long as we win who cares who is up front.

Also coincided with Walcott being dropped , Bernard getting fit and playing and Morgan coming back into the side . Him being up front is not the reason , we could easily find a fit, fast hard working forward Marcus bent was exactly that and done it better than DCL. Bent played for like 12 clubs and none of them were good that’s the level of striker he is going to be .

Also coincided with Walcott being dropped , Bernard getting fit and playing and Morgan coming back into the side . Him being up front is not the reason , we could easily find a fit, fast hard working forward Marcus bent was exactly that and done it better than DCL. Bent played for like 12 clubs and none of them were good that’s the level of striker he is going to be .

Ah right, you mean when Walcott was dropped so Richarlison could play right and Dom could come in up front? I see.

Keep up your agenda buddy.

Ah right, you mean when Walcott was dropped so Richarlison could play right and Dom could come in up front? I see.

Keep up your agenda buddy.

Exactly , playing DCL meant richy could play right , which gave got rid of Walcott and his awfull partnership with Coleman, so Coleman also benefited, Bernard came in and Digne benefited and looked like bainar back in the day. So the big change wasn’t just DCL coming in there were several factors , yes we played better with him in the team, but imagine what playing with an actual striker would have been like with all those other changes also implemented.

Exactly , playing DCL meant richy could play right , which gave got rid of Walcott and his awfull partnership with Coleman, so Coleman also benefited, Bernard came in and Digne benefited and looked like bainar back in the day. So the big change wasn’t just DCL coming in there were several factors , yes we played better with him in the team, but imagine what playing with an actual striker would have been like with all those other changes also implemented.

I’ve never once said I don’t want another striker I just think insane how harshly he’s criticised for not scoring when funnily enough it’s not his only job and funnily enough when he played we played miles better.

It is annoying but I can't help but feel we are to blame. If we just said no, or drove a harder bargain, it would not happen.
I think the club need to learn the Turkish word for "No" and stick with it until the last week of the window in which case, do what you gotta do if it gets them off the wage bill for a year and there's no other options available.

I’ve never once said I don’t want another striker I just think insane how harshly he’s criticised for not scoring when funnily enough it’s not his only job and funnily enough when he played we played miles better.
I really like him, he is far from perfect but he offers loads and has improved immeasurably over the past few seasons. We have spent a lot of money on forwards and he has seen them all off... Sandro, Rooney (Koeman said he was signed as a centre forward), Niasse, Tosun etc. Whats more is the improvements he can make are easily definable, its not like he is too slow or short or weak. A lot of people have said that he isnt too far from the England squad either. Looking forward to seeing him improve over the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.