Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always a bit too much to ask for a club to pay an actual fee for a player who has basically fell off a cliff and hit several rocks on the way down for the last 2 years. Didn’t score a single goal either.

Not all doom and gloom though if someone is still prepared to take a punt on a loan. Even though his wage is highly unlikely to covered in full, it’ll still reduce our wage bill as we won’t be sending him out for free.

All we can hope is that he regains his confidence, find his Malaga football boots and you never know, we could even sell for a profit in 12 months time!
exactly even getting him out on loan is good enough for now, All it takes is him going out on loan hopefully in some miracle getting a decent goal return while out on loan and then the team ends up buying him
it's the only way we'll probably get rid tbh

not the worst thing in the world a loan, IF ( a big if atm like ) he can rediscover his Malaga form he will be a very decent player for the lower teams in the Spanish league and might even get a little fee for him

it's the wages that will kill of any hope we have of getting a decent fee for him

Depends really. A loan would reduce the wage bill in absolute terms, but not necessarily in real terms. If we were only covering 25% of his wages last season but 50% this season, then the wage bill is actually increasing in reality.
Very true, doubt we’d be agreeing to send him out at this stage though to be worse off than last year.

You never know though!

SANDRO IN VALLADOLID TALKS
Everton
striker Sandro Ramirez is in advanced discussions with Real Valladolid with a view to a permanent move to the La Liga club, Sky Sports News understands.
Ramirez, who joined Everton two years ago, has struggled to force his way into the plans of Marco Silva and has spent two spells on loan at Sevilla and Real Sociedad.

exactly even getting him out on loan is good enough for now, All it takes is him going out on loan hopefully in some miracle getting a decent goal return while out on loan and then the team ends up buying him
it's the only way we'll probably get rid tbh
Can we stop with goals as the only measure of Sandro's performance? He was playing left mid half his games. Willian Jose is a terrific player and even he didn't score a ton there.

Not saying he was great, but he's not half as bad as some of you make him out to be. Do I want him gone? Yes. But Bernard didn't score and was playing in a similar position. Let's not say he isn't any good.

I'm sorry, our defending was pretty darn good most of the year. We gave up fewer goals than Arsenal and Man U, but we did not score enough goals. We were top 5 in the league in shots against, and our open play defending went from the worst in the entire league to pretty darn good. We gave up a lot of set piece goals, but that's certainly curable with the proper tactics as we saw in the last month or so.

While I still think our defending in the center of the park is short of the mark, the greater issue for Everton is scoring goals.
We will have to agree to disagree there my friend. 4 clean sheets up to the end of december in cup(s) and league tells the story for me. We were completely inept at defending and it was only at the turn of the year things started to click at the back. Whether it's the centre of the park or the defensive line, or the unit as I referred to it, it doesnt matter.

Can we stop with goals as the only measure of Sandro's performance? He was playing left mid half his games. Willian Jose is a terrific player and even he didn't score a ton there.

Not saying he was great, but he's not half as bad as some of you make him out to be. Do I want him gone? Yes. But Bernard didn't score and was playing in a similar position. Let's not say he isn't any good.
he hasn't scored since 2017 m8

Yes mate. I've watched him play football and he can't actually control it or even run like a normal person.

We will have to agree to disagree there my friend. 4 clean sheets up to the end of december in cup(s) and league tells the story for me. We were completely inept at defending and it was only at the turn of the year things started to click at the back. Whether it's the centre of the park or the defensive line, or the unit as I referred to it, it doesnt matter.
Other than the fact we were giving up the same number of chances a game?

Look, we were better defensively relative to the rest of the league than we were in attack. Think that was pretty obvious to most. We need to improve in both areas, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.