Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "bigger" clubs are starting to spend, even Arsenal according to the press today. Makes me realise how lower down the football scale we are. Probably we have little eno money available until most of the 10 or so deadwood players are binned. On here we have endless discussion on the likes of Davis, Lookman, Niasse plus many others, none of who would get a job anywhere in the PL. Can't wait for news of a stream of players leaving this summer and quickly.
At least we’d never spunk £70million on the btec Michael Keane

The "bigger" clubs are starting to spend, even Arsenal according to the press today. Makes me realise how lower down the football scale we are. Probably we have little eno money available until most of the 10 or so deadwood players are binned. On here we have endless discussion on the likes of Davis, Lookman, Niasse plus many others, none of who would get a job anywhere in the PL. Can't wait for news of a stream of players leaving this summer and quickly.

Stick the waterproof bedsheet down lad you’re in for a long ol’ Summer.

lol

Clean as a whistle, apart from praising Howard at one point

View attachment 61837

Screenshot_20190702-103740_Chrome.jpg

Heard a little bit of Micky Quinn on the radio this morning laughing about us being optimistic about transfer targets and basically calling Brands a bit of an unproven clown. Also suggested that some of the names thrown about confirm how delusional we are as a club and how we've refused to accept we have no more pull than any other mid-table club.

Seemed a bit bitter.

I really want Leao for some reason, fits the model we are going for at a cheapish price
Yeah. I agree. But I think it is the concept of Leao that we like.

We're all rooting for Brands, well apart from @Davek anyway. The idea of bringing in an exciting relative unknown like Leao on a low budget, and turning him into a star, is one of the reasons we brought Brands to the club. To find the next John Stones, Philip Coutinho or Jadon Sancho. But the reality is that it comes with big risks, the biggest one being that he doesn't develop as we wish or even expect. He has only just turned 20, 6 months older than when we bought DCL, and he only cost us a million.

Having said that, given the names we have been associated with, if the move for Kean doesn't come off I'd still like us to have a punt at either this lad or the Augustin lad from RBL, both of whom I think would fit the system Marco is looking to play and be a good contrast to DCL.

Heard a little bit of Micky Quinn on the radio this morning laughing about us being optimistic about transfer targets and basically calling Brands a bit of an unproven clown. Also suggested that some of the names thrown about confirm how delusional we are as a club and how we've refused to accept we have no more pull than any other mid-table club.

Seemed a bit bitter.

He also said they have won more Champions League trophies than we have won Domestic trophies.

Feed your horses you fat waster Quinn.

Seemed a bit bitter.
He has a chip about us, always slagging us off so the bias should be called out. Did we turn down a move for him back when he was a fat player?

Seemed a bit bitter.

He’s in the middle of possibly the worst venn diagram in history. Kopite, Newcastle player, talksport presenter.

He looks like he has fantastic potential...

Could possibly sign BOTH him and Kean.

Both could play upfront together/alone or we could go for 433 and they could play off the wide forward positions.
I wouldn't exactly be crying in my beer if we bought both Zat, but I don't think it fits what we need. I'm with Marco in that we desperately need a left footer in our attacking play. It just opens up the options as we can be a bit one dimensional against teams that park the bus. As you know there are other positions that also need to be addressed before we consider bringing in a second central attacker. We need to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.