Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we bought him for a reason and it hasn't worked out, I can't imagine Everton demanding a huge transfer fee for him it all depends if he's willing to lower his wages or rot at Everton for two years doing nothing.
He'll only be 24 in a week maybe some low tier Spanish team will take a risk on him and chance it to see if he can rediscover the form he did for Malaga.

I just hope he's willing to slash his wages in half to actually try and get his life and career back on track.

Heard a little bit of Micky Quinn on the radio this morning laughing about us being optimistic about transfer targets and basically calling Brands a bit of an unproven clown. Also suggested that some of the names thrown about confirm how delusional we are as a club and how we've refused to accept we have no more pull than any other mid-table club.

Seemed a bit bitter.

That can't be right I'm afraid Bungle

Only Evertonians are bitter.... :oops:

Worried I might have said it.
Don't be so hard on yourself Dom. Such are the fine lines in youngsters development things could easily have worked out different for both of the lads. At the time they went out on loan they were first choices for England U21s in their position. Garbutt was also part of the U17 team that won the Euros with Ross Barkley. So they had pedigree.

If Baines had suffered a serious injury and either player had stayed with us rather than gone on loan, we could have been looking at a different outcome. Fate was against Garbutt in particular. No sooner had he gone on loan that both Baines and Oviedo were injured and Galloway was drafted into the first team from nowhere. Garbutt goes on loan to Fulham. get's a bad hamstring injury first game, and by the time he gets fit Fulham are fighting a relegation battle and the last thing they need is a flying attacking left back. Galloway was just wrong manager wrong time, in Tony Pulis. I remember WBA winning their opening game and Galloway had good reports. I went on one of their fanzines and one post in particular stood out. Something about how refreshing it was to have a defender go over the half way line so often, but if he continued doing it he wouldn't last long. How very true.

I mean we bought him for a reason and it hasn't worked out, I can't imagine Everton demanding a huge transfer fee for him it all depends if he's willing to lower his wages or rot at Everton for two years doing nothing.
He'll only be 24 in a week maybe some low tier Spanish team will take a risk on him and chance it to see if he can rediscover the form he did for Malaga.

I think he'd happily take his money to be honest

don't know if anyone has mentioned him but what do people think about David Brooks, 12 goal contributions in the prem in his first season, 21 and left footed who can play on the right
I like him, but he’s the type of player we should be bringing in before they’ve already made the move to the Prem and their value shoots up.

I just hope he's willing to slash his wages in half to actually try and get his life and career back on track.

Maybe we can get a small fee £2-3m, which we give to Sandro and he signs for them on 30k, so we effectively get shot of him for nothing and Real Villadohliddohlidohlid get him within their wage structure for a small outlay?

Is it worth it to live out two years of your life feeling miserable living in a country you hate with no mates and destroying any career you might have after that though?

Depends how smart you are with your money I guess. He might have a plan to make that money and save it so that he's set for life. If is career dies after that then he's already made a packet and someone will sign him afterward, even if he needs to drop down a level or two

I feel like I'd rather play, but I guess it's hard to say unless you're in that scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.