2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Siggurdsson has passed to him 3 times this season so far

Kind of hard to score when you're so isolated and unsupported

Few strikers have a 100% success rate in matches, usually because they get a multitude of opportunities to score

DCL might get one a game, if that

If we supply Kean the same way then don't be shocked if he gives a similar return also
Would get a lot more passes if he found himself in good positions. That flub a villa aside, has he had a shot on target yet? I was vey positive about him last season, but i did not expect him to return and show no improvements. We have the same DLC we had at the start of last season, and that player just isnt a good striker.

Does it really matter what jersey number he wears? That said, he's not even our 2nd best striker. Tosun must be sick of being shafted to the bench whilst DCL gets the nod week in week out. If DCL wasn't English he'd have been punted ages ago.

I think Siggurdsson has passed to him 3 times this season so far

Kind of hard to score when you're so isolated and unsupported

Few strikers have a 100% success rate in matches, usually because they get a multitude of opportunities to score

DCL might get one a game, if that

If we supply Kean the same way then don't be shocked if he gives a similar return also

You mean you read it in the athletic...

Anyway. DCL simply doesn't get in to good goalscoring positions often enough. And when he does he tends not to put them away.

He isnt good enough for where we want to be. He has had over two full seasons as our starting forward. He has had more than enough opportunity

Now Kean might be good enough. He should start.

You mean you read it in the athletic...

Anyway. DCL simply doesn't get in to good goalscoring positions often enough. And when he does he tends not to put them away.

He isnt good enough for where we want to be. He has had over two full seasons as our starting forward. He has had more than enough opportunity

Now Kean might be good enough. He should start.

Yeah, I read it in The Athletic

It wasn't like I was claiming it as my own stat that I worked out myself

Again, how good Kean does will be a good barometer as to whether the issue is DCL or the issue is the system

We'll see

I think Kean will run into the same issues DCL has

Anyone thinking Kean is going to start bagging loads of goals in the exact same system might be in for a bit of a shock

It won't help DCL of course, but it will be some semblance of vindication for him

I do not think many are expecting Kean to bag loads of goals but we expect a better percentage and hopefully have the team on the front foot rather than missed opportunities biting us back. If Siggy and Richarlison are off form then someone needs to step up otherwise we are barren. DCL hasn't and cannot do that. I am not saying Kean can but he is the only option left to us because our other strikers are failures. Hopefully January we will bring someone else in with more experience.

We'll see

I think Kean will run into the same issues DCL has

Anyone thinking Kean is going to start bagging loads of goals in the exact same system might be in for a bit of a shock

It won't help DCL of course, but it will be some semblance of vindication for him
I don't expect Kean to start bagging loads but I know I would feel more comfortable if that chance vs Villa fell to Kean instead of DCL.

Yeah, I read it in The Athletic

It wasn't like I was claiming it as my own stat that I worked out myself

Again, how good Kean does will be a good barometer as to whether the issue is DCL or the issue is the system

I've been an advocate of DCL but even last season he only scored 6. Richarlison scored 14, many of them centrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.