2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am for starting him for now on but it would be nice to have extra artillary so to speak especially since the lad is nineteen with no Premier League experience.
I couldn't care less about the PL experience, Serie A and Italy is good enough for me, but the problem is replacing Tosun and Niasse. The incremental cost to upgrade over Cenk would be significant and I can't see that player settling for being on the bench.

I couldn't care less about the PL experience, Serie A and Italy is good enough for me, but the problem is replacing Tosun and Niasse. The incremental cost to upgrade over Cenk would be significant and I can't see that player settling for being on the bench.
I do over the course of a season. Also, he only suited up five or six times in Serie A not a great resume but I can see a talent and he has strong frame. After a run of games fatigue could set in no matter how trim he is.

I do over the course of a season. Also, he only suited up five or six times in Serie A not a great resume but I can see a talent and he has strong frame. After a run of games fatigue could set in no matter how trim he is.
He played a lot more than 5 or 6 times in Serie A. I understand your concern and it's not crazy to have a better bench option than Cenk, but this kid isn't some untested rookie. He only signed here because he could play. He's going to play.

Tosun’s behind Calvert-Lewin and Kean in the pecking order and I’d think (and hope) Silva would rather Richarlison start up top than him too.

We don’t need to be bringing in a replacement for Tosun if we are to sell him. His role in the team is essentially nothing more than making up the numbers in training.

Tosun’s behind Calvert-Lewin and Kean in the pecking order and I’d think (and hope) Silva would rather Richarlison start up top than him too.

We don’t need to be bringing in a replacement for Tosun if we are to sell him. His role in the team is essentially nothing more than making up the numbers in training.
You are correct, I literally posted the same thing and just now forgot about Richarlison. My bad. Which makes it even harder. We'd have to pay to upgrade over Kean and Richy. I'd much rather sell Cenk and buy a CM/DM in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back