eVARton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the topic of the offside. I have no idea why some of our own fans are railing against the call or calling it "lucky". Mane's shoulder (and everything above the armpit) is ahead of Mina's foot by a distance, and the red and blue guidelines on the playback have it almost perfect. The reason they have VAR is to get decisions exactly like this one right

offside.jpg

Thing is they started this Derby like they used to start the ones against Moyes. VVD took the role of Carragher by fouling our players ti unsettle them which meant we basically surrendered the game. The last few years they haven't needed to do it but maybe they fear us again. We did our usual surrender but somehow got a point so this might be a shift in mindset.

Just on the topic of the offside. I have no idea why some of our own fans are railing against the call or calling it "lucky". Mane's shoulder (and everything above the armpit) is ahead of Mina's foot by a distance, and the red and blue guidelines on the playback have it almost perfect. The reason they have VAR is to get decisions exactly like this one right

View attachment 104829

I’ve been thinking this myself. The media narrative has become that it was an incorrect decision. However offside is offside even though it is marginal.
Is this type of VAR decisions good for the enjoyment of football? No, of course not. But by the letter of the law the decision was correct.

I’ve been thinking this myself. The media narrative has become that it was an incorrect decision. However offside is offside even though it is marginal.
Is this type of VAR decisions good for the enjoyment of football? No, of course not. But by the letter of the law the decision was correct.

They can keep changing the offside rules to retrofit whatever past injustice they believe they've suffered, but the same rule may benefit them in some games, go against them in others.

If this was any other team we were talking about, the overall sentiment would be "them's the breaks". Because it's Inhaler FC, the rule is fundamentally wrong and needs to be changed. They are utter melts, clubs shouldn't behave like this

Rules are the rule in my eyes.....let's get one thing absolutely straight here,if this was the other way round not 1 single Kopite would be arguing against the decision. I love the fact its practically onside....makes it all the more sweeter.

They changed the interpretation of the handball rule after we got a penalty against Crystal Palace. I wonder what rule they’ll change after yesterday? Can’t have Everton getting any decisions.

Yeah maybe surrender was a bit extreme but I was disappointed that we let them dictate play.

The reality is they are a better team than us at this moment in they had a full strength squad with the exception of their goalkeeper. People forget that the likes of James have only played a handful of games for us. We have a lot to iron out, but the main thing is that we stay competitive in games and don't let the heads drop. Any one of the last 6 or 7 seasons and they probably would have wellied us by 3 or 4 goals after that first one went in

The reality is they are a better team than us at this moment in they had a full strength squad with the exception of their goalkeeper. People forget that the likes of James have only played a handful of games for us. We have a lot to iron out, but the main thing is that we stay competitive in games and don't let the heads drop. Any one of the last 6 or 7 seasons and they probably would have wellied us by 3 or 4 goals after that first one went in

Hopefully by the Anfield Derby we will have a team completely up to speed. I think having Holgate back will be an advantage as we will be able to press a little higher. I was pleased that we didn't give in as an early goal used to be game over for us. Robertson is clearly a weak link defensively so need to target him in the next game. Back to VAR wasn't it good to see there smug faces turn to frowns. I just wish I had been in a pub full of the vermin.

They can keep changing the offside rules to retrofit whatever past injustice they believe they've suffered, but the same rule may benefit them in some games, go against them in others.

If this was any other team we were talking about, the overall sentiment would be "them's the breaks". Because it's Inhaler FC, the rule is fundamentally wrong and needs to be changed. They are utter melts, clubs shouldn't behave like this

Always the victims.

Yeah maybe surrender was a bit extreme but I was disappointed that we let them dictate play. We however did take the initiative away from the game so that's a plus.

We are going to need to wise up then and allow some of that 'snide' to come in... Can see it already with Allan and Jimmy already, the naughtiness side of football, they will develop the tricks of the trade agmonst squad. Indeed, Richo is well behind the curve in this aspect after that foul, however, Pickford seems to have a keen eye for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.