Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a difference between squad and team. Looking at first 11s I'd say we're better than Wolves and Leics but they both have better squad depth than we do.
I dont know about that.

Wolves have lost Jimenez, they have no replacement.
Leicester lost their back 2 and they had to play a CM in there last night.

I dont know about that.

Wolves have lost Jimenez, they have no replacement.
Leicester lost their back 2 and they had to play a CM in there last night.
Is right.

For me, one team (we all know who) looks odds on to win the title. After that, there's half a dozen in the mix. I don't believe we're much inferior to any of them.

Chelsea and United are better than us in top form. I’d say we have the 9th best squad in the league (behind the sky six, Leicester, and Wolves) but we have a better manager than 5 of those teams, and our very best players (Richarlison, James, Digne) are better than any players Wolves or Leicester have.

It's probably fair.

What Leicester and Wolves have has also been continuity with the same manager. Hopefully we can get that benefit over the coming seasons.

It's probably fair.

What Leicester and Wolves have has also been continuity with the same manager. Hopefully we can get that benefit over the coming seasons.
Rodgers is a poor overrated manager.
Nuno is a very good manager.
What baffles me with Wolves is the fact they sold Jota. Clearly a top top player and the reason the RS are top

Why do you think there is such a difference between the 2?

Even so, time certainly helps for a coach.
Just feel nuno is doing a better job but then I think, They seem to get very few injuries and a consistent team helps slot. I also think Wolves are more then a 1 tactic team where Leicester is simply a counter attacking team, if people sit deep they struggle. Vardy seem pretty useless when he has no chances to run with the ball.

Just feel nuno is doing a better job but then I think, They seem to get very few injuries and a consistent team helps slot. I also think Wolves are more then a 1 tactic team where Leicester is simply a counter attacking team, if people sit deep they struggle. Vardy seem pretty useless when he has no chances to run with the ball.

All very fair mate. Its funny as people seem to rate Rodgers higher.

I look at Rodgers and what comes to mind, is throwing away the league as the RS manager and last season threw away an almost guaranteed top 4 spot in the space of 9 games.He couldn’t and didn’t cope with the whole lockdown football and I’m guessing here but he couldn’t motivate his players without the fans, He and his players have adapted now but the sign of a good manager wouldn’t let that effect you.. Kloop/Pep/Jose and Carlo didn’t seem to struggle

I look at Rodgers and what comes to mind, is throwing away the league as the RS manager and last season threw away an almost guaranteed top 4 spot in the space of 9 games.He couldn’t and didn’t cope with the whole lockdown football and I’m guessing here but he couldn’t motivate his players without the fans, He and his players have adapted now but the sign of a good manager wouldn’t let that effect you.. Kloop/Pep/Jose and Carlo didn’t seem to struggle

I make you right really. I think he gets found out after a year or so, which the same has happened at Leicester.

They are also very reliant on Vardy. He's 34 in January, you wonder how much longer he keeps going for?

Nuno is doing a very good job but Wolves is the perfect set up for him. Basically a Portuguese club in the middle of England. He might find it tougher at another club.

Rodgers is a poor overrated manager.
Nuno is a very good manager.
What baffles me with Wolves is the fact they sold Jota. Clearly a top top player and the reason the RS are top

Worth having Rodgers in the league just for the youtube vids the comedian does where he impersonates Rodgers calling Kolo Toure a beautiful human being ...

Worth having Rodgers in the league just for the youtube vids the comedian does where he impersonates Rodgers calling Kolo Toure a beautiful human being ...
Not sure I’d go as far as to call him a comedian if we’re on about that Farley fella?

I’m sure he’s been milking the same 3 impersonations for about 15 years.

With the exception of the short stint at Reading, Rodgers has won everywhere he's been...but he's failed to lift silverware outside of Scotland, unless you count the Championship playoff with Swansea.

Nuno's record prior to the present job was fairly undistinguished, but he then did the total package at Wolves in a short span of time - take the side straight up and then take them to Europe.

I think there's plenty of room for debate on who has the better record. I will say for Rodgers that to fail miserably at the end of two seasons, you do have to manage the team into that position first.

With the exception of the short stint at Reading, Rodgers has won everywhere he's been...but he's failed to lift silverware outside of Scotland, unless you count the Championship playoff with Swansea.

Nuno's record prior to the present job was fairly undistinguished, but he then did the total package at Wolves in a short span of time - take the side straight up and then take them to Europe.

I think there's plenty of room for debate on who has the better record. I will say for Rodgers that to fail miserably at the end of two seasons, you do have to manage the team into that position first.
The interesting thing with comparing Nuno and Rodgers is that most people are comparing what one manager has done at a single club (Wolves) versus what the other manager has done in multiple jobs (Swansea, RS, Celtic, Leicester).

Both managers have strengths but I think Rodgers weaknesses are more obvious because they've been exposed during the different challenges he's had at the 4 clubs. Personally I think they are 2 of the better managers in the Premier League. Nuno has more unknowns about him. He's done brilliantly to establish Wolves as a Top 8 PL club despite the obvious help they get in obtaining players in the transfer market. The unknown with Nuno, that is less so with Rodgers, is what would he do managing a City, United or Chelsea?

We have some sort of idea of that with Rodgers at the RS. Some people will view his stint as unsuccessful. Other will view the fact he got a title challenge out of a poor squad littered with a few World Class players as evidence of his managerial acumen. It's probably a bit of both in fairness.

Chelsea and United are better than us in top form. I’d say we have the 9th best squad in the league (behind the sky six, Leicester, and Wolves) but we have a better manager than 5 of those teams, and our very best players (Richarlison, James, Digne) are better than any players Wolves or Leicester have.
Agree on everything but the better manager than those 5 thing. The only managers on par or close to Carlo out of every manager in the PL is Jose and Klopp imho. I like Nuno, but hes far off and Brendan is even further down the manager quality ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.