Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got unlucky with not knowing average footballers in Bernard, King, Iwobi, and Delph as well.

Terrible luck. We shouldn't be hiring unlucky people.
Everyone drops clangers now and again, Delph went as badly as it could have, the reasoning was sound but he's just a trumpet. Bernard on a free was a decent move, he started his first season well and just dropped off massively since with the odd flashes of good games. Iwobi 100% agree he's garbage, King is probably on less than 50k a week for 6 months as cover, not exactly the end of the world is it

Everyone drops clangers now and again, Delph went as badly as it could have, the reasoning was sound but he's just a trumpet. Bernard on a free was a decent move, he started his first season well and just dropped off massively since with the odd flashes of good games. Iwobi 100% agree he's garbage, King is probably on less than 50k a week for 6 months as cover, not exactly the end of the world is it
Its not now and then if it is between a third to half of his signings not working out.

Just think about what he inherited.
I’m not arsed either way, but at least it shows stability.
Some good signings, some bad, just like every other club.
He inherited a squad that finished 8th with Sam bloody Allardyce managing it.

Where are we today with a world class manager in Ancelotti?

Oh but he's only had 3 years, he's been hamstrung, he's been unlucky with injuries, and so on....

Its not now and then if it is between a third to half of his signings not working out.
He's not perfect no but now more than ever we need stability and we have a manger working with him who has the one of the biggest reputations in the game. Let them work as a team, who could we bring in who would be better? Carlo seems to trust him, Carlo doesn't work without a DoF either

He inherited a squad that finished 8th with Sam bloody Allardyce managing it.

Where are we today with a world class manager in Ancelotti?

Oh but he's only had 3 years, he's been hamstrung, he's been unlucky with injuries, and so on....
With Cuco Martina, Niasse and the rest of the garbage Martinez and Koeman had signed, all on big and long contracts.

from next season onwards, most of the garbage has gone, let’s judge from then on.

Think he earned it myself and after near a decade here i couldn't say he was disloyal. He had hit the glass ceiling with no sign of change - we were all frustrated by being absolutely skint and selling on players we nurtured at the time, i couldn't blame him for feeling the same as the rest of us and the Utd job at the time was a massive opportunity.

Perhaps, but his actions after leaving completely erased any goodwill I might have had for him. As for Brands, I like the fact he's re-upped. Overall, I feel he's doing a good job facing the impossible task of shifting deadwood the likes of Walsh burdenes us with that no other club in their right mind would even think fo taking off our hands.

With Cuco Martina, Niasse and the rest of the garbage Martinez and Koeman had signed, all on big and long contracts.

from next season onwards, most of the garbage has gone, let’s judge from then on.
If we don't make Europe after 3 years, 18 months with a world class manager.

Then he hasnt improved us.

We have stood still under his leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.