New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than plucky little Bournmouth mate, 91st in the English football league pyramid, faced administration, transfer embargo, 17 point deduction.

Eddie Howe, the guy you don't rate took the job coz they couldn't afford anyone else. Few years later they're playing Premier league football and finish 9th. Spent five seasons in the Premier League despite being favourites every year for the drop.

No, he couldn't possibly do anything with Everton because we're all snobs and we're all too good for him.
They were very well funded during their climb through the divisions . So much so that when they gained promotion from the Championship their rivals lodged complaints that they had breached the financial regulations.
It’s a myth that it was on shoestring budget.

Kind of been that way the whole time when you're talking reasonable sources
Yeah. The usual outlets were chatting wham initially but they have the Euros to cover so probably don’t need to worry about filling column inches at the moment.

Would like the appointment sorted as soon as it can be but would prefer we appoint the right person than the first cab that comes along.

More than plucky little Bournmouth mate, 91st in the English football league pyramid, faced administration, transfer embargo, 17 point deduction.

Eddie Howe, the guy you don't rate took the job coz they couldn't afford anyone else. Few years later they're playing Premier league football and finish 9th. Spent five seasons in the Premier League despite being favourites every year for the drop.

No, he couldn't possibly do anything with Everton because we're all snobs and we're all too good for him.

Didn’t he leave Bournemouth for someone else, flop, then go back?

In fairness though, from what you guys were saying on your pod (which was really good btw) it looks like this is the 1st time Brands has really stepped up to manage the process. Whether that's because he's been emboldened by the 3 year contract, or that Ancelotti leaving abruptly has given him amnunition I am not sure, but it seems to be establishing a principle. If Brands selects this manager I'd imagine that is how it will continue moving forward and he will keep a list. Indeed he may even have a list and be working through it.
In a position like his, it's an absolute must to have his finger on the pulse, a dossier, a full filing cabinet of CV, references etc etc of coaches and managers in all the major leagues.
If a manager leaves in a hurry, clubs need to be able to begin the replacement process literally instantly. The crosschecking of references with GM's, players, opposition coaches and players is absolutely paramount... and agents acting for coaches/managers should be the LAST people to be referred to.

In fairness though, from what you guys were saying on your pod (which was really good btw) it looks like this is the 1st time Brands has really stepped up to manage the process. Whether that's because he's been emboldened by the 3 year contract, or that Ancelotti leaving abruptly has given him amnunition I am not sure, but it seems to be establishing a principle. If Brands selects this manager I'd imagine that is how it will continue moving forward and he will keep a list. Indeed he may even have a list and be working through it.
Thanks mate, appreciate that ;)

In a position like his, it's an absolute must to have his finger on the pulse, a dossier, a full filing cabinet of CV, references etc etc of coaches and managers in all the major leagues.
If a manager leaves in a hurry, clubs need to be able to begin the replacement process literally instantly. The crosschecking of references with GM's, players, opposition coaches and players is absolutely paramount... and agents acting for coaches/managers should be the LAST people to be referred to.

Yes I agree with all of that. I suppose we have to hope that is what he is doing now. It certainly seems a lot quieter than other appointments (but that could be due to it being the end of season).

What I will say though, is Brands is the man who's position has been greatly strengthened over the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.