New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jazzy following on from your now locked thread...i would say it would/could/should look something like this:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina ???
??? ??? Digne
Doucoure Allan
DCL Richarlison

You need:

Left sided centre back
Right wing back
Defensive midfielder

Then for the 2nd eleven probably:

Virginia
Holgate Keane Branthwaite
Coleman Davies Nkounkou
??? ???
??? ???

So already were looking at:

LCB
RWB
DM
2×CM
2×CF

Dumfries, Nunes and Khvicha would cover 3 out of 7 positions needed...we'd probably be able to get away with 2 more signings if we brought those 3 in.
I defo think Nuno , if he gets the gig , will go for Neves. Many on here won't like it because he isn't the dynamic midfielder we all want but he fits his system perfectly and is a good age profile for Brands.
He will ( have to ) retain Gbamin.
I think he will probably want to work with Gomes again folowing on from his time at Valencia.
Despite your reservations I think he will see Keane as his Connor Coady and in a back 3 that sits deep he will be ok.. I think Godfrey can play LCB. Yes in an ideal world he would go a sign a world class CB but I just don't see that happening.
Apart from 2nd striker James doesn't fit the Nuno system and would expect him to be moved on along with Bernard , Siggurdsson , Iwobi and JJK - that is if we can find anyone crazy enough to take them.

Id go for Gallardo or Amorim.

They seem to be the best managers we could attract on a global level...that i know of.

Its madness...Brands should be saying....were playing 343 / 442 or some derivative of the formation and bring in a manager who favours a complimentary style.

Then sign players to fit it.
But it's so easy for us to say this and then get angry when it doesn't happen. We don't know whether the compensation is extortionate, whether they actually want the job, whether they can speak English (Gallardo can't by all accounts), whether they have all sorts of crazy demands, whether other clubs already have agreements with them etc etc. They may have been approached and instantly said no. So what should the club do then after the flavour of the month choices are non starters?

Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.

1623753653206.png

If Nuno does get the job then i will back him 100% but he is not my 1st choice but this has been going on since the weekend and still no word from the board did this not happen when we all thought he was going to palace? If he does come in i just hope he does not flood the team with players about 29-30 and forget about the young squad members

The Italian Alladyce has buggered off at the first whiff of another womans perfume dry your tears me lad! lol
It was a very happy day for me when the Carlo out shouts were met with Carlo saying 'hold me beer'. I am happy. Everton going through turmoil is a small price to pay to see these get thier just deserts.

I defo think Nuno , if he gets the gig , will go for Neves. Many on here won't like it because he isn't the dynamic midfielder we all want but he fits his system perfectly and is a good age profile for Brands.
He will ( have to ) retain Gbamin.
I think he will probably want to work with Gomes again folowing on from his time at Valencia.
Despite your reservations I think he will see Keane as his Connor Coady and in a back 3 that sits deep he will be ok.. I think Godfrey can play LCB. Yes in an ideal world he would go a sign a world class CB but I just don't see that happening.
Apart from 2nd striker James doesn't fit the Nuno system and would expect him to be moved on along with Bernard , Siggurdsson , Iwobi and JJK - that is if we can find anyone crazy enough to take them.

I wouldnt fancy Keane in a back 3...especially along with Mina...there needs to be two wide centre backs with pace there.

Neves is quality, sees it all in his head and executes...just needs movement around him and in front.

James i think he could play off the striker or would need to create a position for him...

Its all quite depressing to think about really.

I wouldnt fancy Keane in a back 3...especially along with Mina...there needs to be two wide centre backs with pace there.

Neves is quality, sees it all in his head and executes...just needs movement around him and in front.

James i think he could play off the striker or would need to create a position for him...

Its all quite depressing to think about really.
For me, if James is to stay then he has to play behind the striker. No point asking him to pick the ball up 60 yards from goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.